Sort of ran into an issue.

Beaux

Hey everyone. I had a situation of poor planning today, and they came out to bomb (pest control) my house this morning. Things didn't quite go to plan and the time changed. My tanks are sealed as best as I could but I have 2 issues I am very concerned about. 1 is I can still smell the poison, and I am venting the house as quickly as possile so anyone know how long I should wait? Until I can no longer smell it? Also how long would be to long to keep my 20L sealed up like it is? Only 3 small fish, 2 clowns and a damsel. I did not have time to plan for this and hope everything works out, and survives.

24 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Anytime they spray, I tell them to stay at least 10' away from the tank when spraying and I turn off my protein skimmer. Otherwise, I always run activated carbon and have never had an issue.

Thanks FarmerTy. Range wasn't really the issue though It was more about lingering fumes that might hurt my tank. 

Thanks FarmerTy. Range wasn't really the issue though It was more about lingering fumes that might hurt my tank. 
Unless they sprayed for fleas/ticks that is designed to be a fogger style dispersal, then you're good to go.

What Ty said.  If they just went around the baseboards with a hand sprayer it's always been some type of boric acid when I've checked into it and I've never had a problem with it being used in a house around tanks.

Archived