Circulation pump

Kevin S.

Na, I need a little more quality and flow. Also the flow was a little isolated + It did not last long.... But ha ha Ty! 

Also checking to see if anyone has something for sale. But if I have to I will go with the Jeabo again I guess.

Gyres are great flow.  I spend a LOT of time cleaning mine because performance goes downhill pretty fast with them as they get dirty and also they are pretty complicated to disassemble and reassemble too.

Gyres are great flow.  I spend a LOT of time cleaning mine because performance goes downhill pretty fast with them as they get dirty and also they are pretty complicated to disassemble and reassemble too.
Good to know, I'm guessing you would only recommend the Maxspect? I see the cheaper ones but question the quality and noise level.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For the price the RW 15 Jabeo is hard to beat and I have had pretty good luck with mine  Buy 2 and use on lower setting  Gets a lot of cross flow and turbulence 
I was looking at the WP-40 I think. And doing the same thing. Are they loud? Easy to use?

2 hours ago, Kevin S. said:

Good to know, I'm guessing you would only recommend the Maxspect? I see the cheaper ones but question the quality and noise level.

I have maxspect, don't have any experience with the others

5 hours ago, Kevin S. said:

I was looking at the WP-40 I think. And doing the same thing. Are they loud? Easy to use?

I use the RWs 15 in my 4 ft tank but I love the massive flow  They are a little loud to start and stop on wave mode but I really don't mind as my tank is in the living room  On constant mode I really don't notice them 

• 1 month later...
Has anyone heard anything about the Waveline Wave Puck II? 
Trying to decide between the Wave Puck, Ecotech MP10 and a Tunze 6040 for my 55g cube. 
Reefbuilders wrote a scathing review of it but they are a pretty biased source sometimes.

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/12/13/waveline-should-be-embarassed-by-the-wavepuck-pump/

Thanks Ty! Knowing my setup thus far....what would you get? 
I'm a big flow guy when it comes to acros. The more the better. For the square dimensions of your tank, MP40 hands down. They have a wide flow and can influence flow throughout the whole tank without directly having to blast it in a general direction. Notice I mention MP40, not the MP10. I think the MP10 is going to be maxed trying to keep a strong flow in your tank. With the ecotech pumps, they have a history of being much louder when run at higher intensities so running an MP40 at 40% is so so much quieter than an MP10 at 100%. The bonus, if you ever upgrade to a larger tank, the MP40s will still be useable but the MP10 will be practically useless at that point. Just my 2 cents.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:32 PM, FarmerTy said:
On 11/15/2017 at 10:32 PM, Kevin S. said:
Did you buy both? I saw that for sale post.

Yep, got a 3rd as a backup. A little underwhelmed is my official opinion.

are you using the wxm module or no

are you using the wxm module or no
Yes, I am. I added my Jaebos back in yesterday to create the longer, more direct gyre flow that the MP60s are incapable of with their wider flow. The wide flow is great for squarish tanks to me but not as efficient for a longer span of tank like my 6' one is. They say I can use the long pulse mode on the MP60s but its just not the same in my opinion.

Archived