Bubble Algae

benroman

Manual removal without popping them if possible. You can generally use airline tubing or a thicker diameter of tubing, start a siphon with it, and siphon out the bubble algae as you dislodge it.

Vibrant also works. Be careful with vibrant though, it can reset some of your biological filter but worth it to me to get rid of bubble algae for good. Just dose as recommended and in a month or two, it'll all be gone.

I've had good luck of removing them during water changes and just siphoning them out like Ty said.

An alternative is an emerald crab.  They will dislodge & eat the smaller bubble algae, but really wouldn't help much for a large outbreak.

Manual removal is a lengthy process, so be patient. The problem is that the spores can attach and remain attached to just about anything without sprouting. I fought it for a year before I really started to see a decline. Every time I would remove all of the bubbles and more would sprout two weeks later. You just have to keep removing them over and over. Pay attention to backsides of rocks and in holes as Valonia can grow in near darkness. 

Archived