Relocating to Austin area

diesel3443

Well, I know I have been non existent on this forum for a few months. Well I originally relocated from Florida to College Station for work and unfortunately that didn’t work out.

I actually landed a job that I work from home and it’s time to get out of this area. I like it here in College Station, but there really isn’t much to do at all.

So my question is where would you Rex come to in Austin and surrounding areas?

Right now I’m considering: Dripping Springs, Lakeway, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Bee Cave.

Thanks!

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to be close to all the reefers on here, North Austin is where its happening.  Most of the LFS are up there and there is way more shopping choices, Ikea ect...If you must move south Dripping Springs is the next Round Rock. No malls or big car dealers yet but they will come soon.

I am also from round rock. Great place to live and Williamson county doesn't play with the criminals like Travis county does so a little safer I would say too. I think it really is up to what you want. Small town feel/country feel dripping springs. Super crazy busy city life lakeway/beecaves(expensive) in the middle and safe cedar park, Leander, Georgetown, round rock, pflugerville. At least that is how I look at it

Do you have kids?(are you looking at schools).

Are you looking to buy or rent?  What types of hobbies/activities do you have?  What kind of stores/restaurants do you like to shop at?  Do you like people close by or are you wanting some land? Different parts of town are great for different things.

I am also from round rock. Great place to live and Williamson county doesn't play with the criminals like Travis county does so a little safer I would say too. I think it really is up to what you want. Small town feel/country feel dripping springs. Super crazy busy city life lakeway/beecaves(expensive) in the middle and safe cedar park, Leander, Georgetown, round rock, pflugerville. At least that is how I look at it

Do you have kids?(are you looking at schools).

I have a daughter who is in Kindergarten. I’m from South Florida which is crazy busy and now live in College Station which isn’t, so something in the middle would be perfect.

I’m looking to buy, but would also rent even though the plans would be to stay at least 5+ years.

Just want to be close to a decent mall, have a grocery store close and a Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s nearby.

For hobbies, nothing too crazy, we like to do somethings outdoors (biking ect).

Are you looking to buy or rent?  What types of hobbies/activities do you have?  What kind of stores/restaurants do you like to shop at?  Do you like people close by or are you wanting some land? Different parts of town are great for different things.

Lot would need to be 10k or bigger. I live on an acre now and it may be just a little too big for me to want to take care of.

And yes, basically a good amount of different restaurants which is really lacking over here in College Station

Lot would need to be 10k or bigger. I live on an acre now and it may be just a little too big for me to want to take care of.

And yes, basically a good amount of different restaurants which is really lacking over here in College Station

Lolz, yes after 4 years in CS I was dying to get back to Austin for that very reason. No good restaurants, other than A&M stuff there is just nothing to do. I was dying to get back to city life. North Austin is definitely a good place to be, but I would love to move to Dripping Springs if I didn't have to commute for work.

And I’m only one year into it lol. Might be because I’m not an Aggie as well.

My biggest issue with Dripping is most of the newer neighborhoods going in have a MUD tax that is about 1% a year on top of already high taxes. Oh well I guess you gotta pay to play [emoji23][emoji12]

And I’m only one year into it lol. Might be because I’m not an Aggie as well.

My biggest issue with Dripping is most of the newer neighborhoods going in have a MUD tax that is about 1% a year on top of already high taxes. Oh well I guess you gotta pay to play [emoji23][emoji12]

Sheesh! Some of those new houses are built so close together too. The only reason I would live out there is to have a little more space between homes and get a little bit of nature in my backyard. If you're fine with traditional suburbia, Cedar Park, Round Rock, or Pflugerville are just fine

If I was looking to move here and knew what I know I would probably move to Either round rock, Leander or Georgetown. Leander for the school district, Georgetown for the schools and older homes on bigger lots(which can be found everywhere for the right money) and round rock for the decent schools but everything is close by and is close enough for the every once in a blue moon to go try something new and extravagant in the surrounding area

Archived