New to the club

Tim Eischen

Hello everyone,

I'm somewhat new to the reef keeping hobby but already addicted after my first year. I was just told about this club yesterday from someone at aquatek and he said that you guys often have meetings and frag swaps. Im very interested in making some new reef savvy friends in the austin area so please let me know of any upcoming meetings. 

I currently have two reef tanks. My oldest and most established tank is a 96 gallon cube (photo attached). My new tank is a 120 gallon reef savvy that is just about ready for coral (photo attached). I'm looking to find a nice home for some rare and colorful softies in my new 120 gallon reef savvy tank so please let me know if any of you have some you are willing to sell or if you can recommend anything to me. 

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you folks and the next meeting and learning from everyone online. I love this hobby and I'm happy to find a place to share it among local friends. 

Best,

Tim

20171008_134934.jpg

1508162246493689353988.jpg

Wow, nice tank!

Welcome to the club, and thanks to Aquatek for spreading the word. :raw:

We're trying to lock down details for the fall frag swap, so keep watching for news in the Meeting forum.  In the meantime we'd love to see more of your tank! I love the stand, is it hiding a sump/refugium?

Very nice to meet everyone! Looking forward to the swap! I will keep a look out for news in the meeting forum. 

Attached are pics of my two filtration systems. The one with the refugium is my older and more established 96 gallon cube and the one with the biopellet reactor is the filtration system hidden under the new reef savvy (the new ghost overflow system is feeding it - bean animal style). Happy to share more if anyone is interested.

Thank y'all for the warm welcome! 

Tim

20171016_192034.jpg

20171016_191928.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived