Fall Frag Swap?

mFrame

As mentioned in a few other threads, there seems to be interest in having a Fall Frag Swap.  We had been talking to one venue, but don't think we're going to be able to coordinate it around their schedule.

This is an open call out to members that have an HOA community center that could serve as our meeting place.  Past swaps had 10 or so 8' tables, preferably with hard floors in case of water spills and easy entry/exit.  We're looking for a Saturday, full day in November.

Please PM me if you have access to such a meeting space, preferably more centrally located than far extremes.

As mentioned in a few other threads, there seems to be interest in having a Fall Frag Swap.  We had been talking to one venue, but don't think we're going to be able to coordinate it around their schedule.
This is an open call out to members that have an HOA community center that could serve as our meeting place.  Past swaps had 10 or so 8' tables, preferably with hard floors in case of water spills and easy entry/exit.  We're looking for a Saturday, full day in November.
Please PM me if you have access to such a meeting space, preferably more centrally located than far extremes.
Oh darn, just checked with my HOA and the community center doesn't allow for any events that have monetary transactions. Who's up next?

7 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
4 hours ago, mFrame said:

Oh darn, just checked with my HOA and the community center doesn't allow for any events that have monetary transactions. Who's up next?

we could just use frag credits!

11 minutes ago, jolt said:

@mFrame are any of the austin community centers an option?  for example, this one.  I have no idea if they charge or what their rules are ...

http://www.austintexas.gov/department/northwest-recreation-center

They are definitely options, but there is a charge associated that can be significant. The last swap we had at an HOA center was $100 for the day, versus several hundred for a city venue.  The lower the cost to the club, the lower the cost to sellers, which is why I was checking for volunteers.

The Wells Branch Community Center is $200 to rent. Just throwing that out there. Located between Mopac and I35 and it's connected to a nice park and playground for the kids.

I already checked John, they don't allow events that have cash transactions here. No for profit events.

Is the HOA clubhouse used last time an option?
The member who set it up last time is no longer active on the club or moved. I do have a buddy that lives in that neighborhood. Maybe I can get him to reserve it for us.

For the Rattan Creek Event Center which is where we had it last time.

Rooms: In District Rates: Out of District Rates:

Great Room. $ 50.00/hr. $75.00/hr

Meeting Room $ 20.00/hr. $30.00/hr

* To qualify for the Resident rate, the person completing the application and paying the use fee must live within

the North Austin Municipal Utility District #1. We do not allow third party rentals.

Deposit:

In District Deposit: Out of District Deposit:

$250. $500

*All deposits are returned within 30 days after event.

Additional Fees:

40 Chairs and 6 tables are included with the rental. Additional tables and chairs may

be rented for a flat rate of $50.00, this rate also includes setup of table and chairs by community center staff.

Genuine Joe coffee shop on Anderson Ln has a meeting room that can hold 30 peeps. Not sure about room for tables. Here's the link. You guys might know better how much space is needed. They do have a $25/hr tab rate for the room. As long as we're drinking plenty of coffee shouldn't be a problem.

http://genuinejoecoffee.com/meeting-rooms/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Genuine Joe coffee shop on Anderson Ln has a meeting room that can hold 30 peeps. Not sure about room for tables. Here's the link. You guys might know better how much space is needed. They do have a $25/hr tab rate for the room. As long as we're drinking plenty of coffee shouldn't be a problem.

I can drink plenty of coffee!! Will the space be big enough and will they let a noisy crowd of fish nerds take over?

Might be a tight fit, I'll see if I can swing by and check it out.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, Paula said:

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Just curious if there is any activity with the frag swap? I posted the info for renting the activity center we used last time at Rattan Creek HOA. The coffee shop?

I looked over the coffee shop, but had another larger possibility open up before I called them.  We're working through discussions on which weekends are available and hope to announce something very shortly.

I looked over the coffee shop, but had another larger possibility open up before I called them.  We're working through discussions on which weekends are available and hope to announce something very shortly.
Thanks Mike! It'll be fun to have another ARC event and get to see everyone!

1 hour ago, mdavis735 said:

Awww man. I knew it was too good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guess I'll have to go by Miguel, then.  No clue what the next Mike will have to do just so you can attend. :eusathink:

13 minutes ago, jolt said:

Fingers crossed its not the weekend before thanksgiving :o

With the time our sellers will need to prepare frags, time to get the word out, and upcoming holidays that we're thinking it makes sense to have a club meeting on 11/11 rather than trying to rush in the frag swap.  That means we'll be pushing the swap until January.

The good news is Brian Srock has gotten his church to approve us using their building.  Yeah Brian! :cheer: It's centrally located near 183 & Mopac, so shouldn't be too much of a trip for most people.

Archived