Back in Austin, starting over fresh!

Euclid

Howdy y'all! Recently moved back to Austin after 7 years out west. Looking to get back into the hobby, and I'm going to need an entire setup! The space that I have to work with is relatively small, so I think something like a Biocube 29 form factor would be great. I'd like to support some livestock, xenia, leather coral, bubble coral, etc. not gonna go the SPS route this time around, just don't have the time for it with business travel.

From a cost efficiency perspective I think it makes the most sense to get everything from one person... that said I'm totally open to piecing it together if members have extra odds and ends laying around. 

It's great to be back! Thanks. 

-Cody

Howdy y'all! Recently moved back to Austin after 7 years out west. Looking to get back into the hobby, and I'm going to need an entire setup! The space that I have to work with is relatively small, so I think something like a Biocube 29 form factor would be great. I'd like to support some livestock, xenia, leather coral, bubble coral, etc. not gonna go the SPS route this time around, just don't have the time for it with business travel.
From a cost efficiency perspective I think it makes the most sense to get everything from one person... that said I'm totally open to piecing it together if members have extra odds and ends laying around. 

It's great to be back! Thanks. 

-Cody
Welcome back Euclid! If it was 7 years ago, you may remember me as JeeperTy. Good to see an old face around here. [emoji106]

Welcome Cody!  I understand the desire to stay small, but having just run a 29g biocube for the second time you may want to shop and see.  There are several 55 and 75g form factors that fit in not much more space and give you a lot more options.  

Whatever you go with, be sure to post a build thread so we can follow along!

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I've already gotten a couple PMs.

Good feedback on shopping around. I know that a real skimmer/sump is the better way to go, but I'm also not looking to take over the entire office (that's where it's going). 

Howdy, I haven't been around for quite a while but just signed up today because I am looking to get out of the hobby. I have a 24g nano cube by jbj. It's been an open top tank for years but it's been growing softies for years just fine. Let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Archived