frogspawn advice

achen

I got a frogspawn that has been overcome with algae which was keeping it from fully expanding. I'm afraid it may slowly die off so I have removed as much of the algae as possible and it looks like the tentacles are coming out more now. There are still some small spot of algae on the stalk that I will try to remove each day to keep the algae from coming back.

Should I just let it slowly recover or is there something else I can do to help it along? Maybe spot feeding or is it too soon?

Alex

You can try giving it a 2 minute dip in some aquarium water and hydrogen peroxide.  Use 5 parts aquarium water to 1 part H2O2 and be sure not to go longer than 2 minutes.  Also, whenever battling algae problems give your corals recovery time, I always wait a week or more between treatments when physically removing algae, especially when working on individual colonies.

I'm afraid to dip it in H2O2. I know that will take care of the algae but I worry about how it affects the frogspawn. I will give it some time to see if it will recover on its own since it's not being smothered by the algae now. I think if I continue to remove what little algae is left on the stalk that will prevent it from coming back. Also getting a tuxedo urchin soon to help with algae issue.

Archived