Eggcrate frag stands

Isaac

I designed and printed these stackable frag stands after measuring some white egg crate from home depot.  BRS black is slightly smaller...  for trade for a frag or two :)

They are printed in PETG and 100% solid... so they should be reef safe (i use other things PETG in my tank)

20170915_015210 (Medium).jpg

20170915_015154 (Medium).jpg

48 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

From the perspective of someone that likes to use every inch of those frag racks, any design that may take up less holes and still be pretty stable?

i tried, but you need 3 points for stability.  2 points and it wobbles.  you only lose 3 spots per leg, not too much.  my design was beefy on purpose, so you can stack em and retain structure and not wobble.

i tried, but you need 3 points for stability.  2 points and it wobbles.  you only lose 3 spots per leg, not too much.  my design was beefy on purpose, so you can stack em and retain structure and not wobble.

Makes sense. Just from doing those frag swaps for a couple of years, having them stackable is really useful. My only suggestion is to maximize the space, maybe have some with legs shorter for the bottom stack as they would only need to clear the little bottom stem of the plugs and that way you might be able to stack a lot more in a tupperware or 5 gallon bucket. 

The rest can stay the same height to allow for clearance of the actual Coral itself.

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

Makes sense. Just from doing those frag swaps for a couple of years, having them stackable is really useful. My only suggestion is to maximize the space, maybe have some with legs shorter for the bottom stack as they would only need to clear the little bottom stem of the plugs and that way you might be able to stack a lot more in a tupperware or 5 gallon bucket. 

The rest can stay the same height to allow for clearance of the actual Coral itself.

i was debating making the center of the square hollow, on one side, and a peg on the other... for stack-ability... but that made it taller overall and a spot for "crap" to collect.  its easy to set it to stop printing at a certain level so one side doesnt have legs.

Archived