RODI/water mixing station

Christyef

490afb9886303c1979af4a35c4aa7518.jpg
This is what I have so far. Going to get the fittings and valves tomorrow at work (lol), and pipe it in. 3557d843a5775236a08f673ca52594a0.jpg
I've been thinking about this for 2 years! So glad I finally got off my rear and did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks good so far. Ya might want to move the rocket ship. Salt water does nasty things to metal bits like your chain.

Here is what I'm working on right now. When I need RO water for the mixing tank I will either move the tubing from the ATO tank to the Mixing tank and hit the fill mixing tank button or put a "T" with 2 ball valves. There will be optical sensors and a solenoid so I dont over fill the tank. Not that I have gone to bed and woke up at 3am went  OH S... I forgot to turn it off?

Mixing_Setup.jpg

Looks good so far. Ya might want to move the rocket ship. Salt water does nasty things to metal bits like your chain.
Here is what I'm working on right now. When I need RO water for the mixing tank I will either move the tubing from the ATO tank to the Mixing tank and hit the fill mixing tank button or put a "T" with 2 ball valves. There will be optical sensors and a solenoid so I dont over fill the tank. Not that I have gone to bed and woke up at 3am went  OH S... I forgot to turn it off?
Mixing_Setup.thumb.jpg.6b3bb4a642db81d30cb9de4a3f233255.jpg

Wow!!!! Is the skimmer in your sump? Hard to tell by the pic, but I'm guessing all your stuff is in a room separate from the DT? Could I see the whole set up?

The skimmer will not fit in the sump I'm building. Here is the link to my "just got started" tank/ sump build.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/38910-tank-sump-build-500-gal/

I'm waiting for some Weld-On # 40 to come UPS so i can build the sump. Once that's done i can finish everything but the tank. Building it will be quite a job.

The skimmer will not fit in the sump I'm building. Here is the link to my "just got started" tank/ sump build.
http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/38910-tank-sump-build-500-gal/
I'm waiting for some Weld-On # 40 to come UPS so i can build the sump. Once that's done i can finish everything but the tank. Building it will be quite a job.

Jst read what u have so far... wow! Impressive!

So....... piping in my new RODI. Question: does the drain line have to have fall like a normal drain, or is it forced? And, if it has to have fall, could I pipe it to a 5 gal bucket or would that fill up super fast? Don't want a mosquito breeder in my garage, so I could technically pipe it out the garage door to the driveway.

i get 2:1 w/ the premeate pump and a brand new membrane.  but after awhile it stays around 3:1 for me.  but thats why most ppl put the waste in their gardens n stuff, not the drain... theres a lot of waste.

i originally had that type of DI form factor.  they are a pain in the arse.  keep an eye out for a dual-di BRS setup... so much nicer to deal with.

I googled that... only 2 filters?

Archived