Dogfish

Tank - Sump Build 500 gal +

13 hours ago, Dogfish said:

Playing with gopro trying to figure out stuff . 2 pic FTS fisheye problem

Tank1-2019-4.jpg

Tank1-2019-7.jpg

Odd that you are dealing with red cyano on the sand on one side and green on the other.  Why do you think that is?  (No judging here, by the way.  I'm dealing with green outbreaks myself from my PO4 shooting up with extra feeding for the anthias)

49 minutes ago, Sierra Bravo said:

Odd that you are dealing with red cyano on the sand on one side and green on the other.  Why do you think that is?  (No judging here, by the way.  I'm dealing with green outbreaks myself from my PO4 shooting up with extra feeding for the anthias)

Dealing with it ???? Funny.

I just see it as normal. I have been lazy and it needs a vac job. I went into this knowing  I am not the spotless tank person like those stick guys. (you all now who you are). One polyp does not open and they know it. Algae and stuff does not bother me. If it was a bit smaller it might be a little cleaner. Maybe time for a few more snails to replace the pods my wrasses keep eating.

I dont think the green is cyano. Green side gets blasted with flow and that green stuff likes it. Some sort of film algae. It is on the back walls and my lawnmower eats it everyday.

The other side has a flow problem another mp60 would fix. In about a year I will be on the dole.  Uncle Sam will be paying me, maybe I can get one. I have cut my Po4 in half and the red is not spreading any more. I think 2 vac jobs and it should be almost gone. It was almost gone until I messed with increasing my nitrates and phosphates. It has taken a about 2 months to calm back down.

Or maybe its stuck in Christmas mode

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just found and read your build thread, WOW! What an incredible set up, and you built it yourself, fantastic!

• Like 2

I have conchs and sand sifting stars that keep my sand turned over and pretty clean. I have a lot of dead spots bc of those ginormous rocks I got from you, so I had to get something to help with the corners. The conchs help a lot! I didn’t see a nem. Haven’t decided on one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk