Lighting for my 125 6ft tank

Marvollo

I am looking at the it2081 fixture on ebay. I can get 2 for $400 shipped with a 1 year usa warranty. They seem to be the evergrow or ocean revive makers from what I can tell. http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=20

I like that it can provide sunrise and sunset programming along with the remote and 2 color channels. the dimensions are 31.5"x8.5" and I would be installing them on my wooden canopy.

Would 2 of these provide great coverage on a 72" tank? they come with 90 degree lenses.  Anyone have experience with this model to share feedback?

I will probably change out the red and green lenses in favor of more white or uv.

• 3 weeks later...

These look identical to the Reefbreeders Photon series I bought a few years back.  The functionality you describe above is exactly the same.  It's been a great fixture.  I got the Photon 48 which was the same width as my tank (48").  I had the 90 degree optics as well but because of my canopy was forced to hang the light just 7 inches above the water and could notice specific light colored dots on the top of my rock work.  I removed the lenses which then created 120 degree spread and liked it much better.  Still plenty of power to reach the sand bed on my tank (23" deep) and the colors mixed nicely.  Color all seemed to do well under it.  This is all assuming this is the same fixture as mine, but with update LEDs since mine is several years old.

Archived