Fragging Leathers ??

BobcatReefer

So both of my leathers are kicking butt - big and fluffy.  Kind of too big and fluffy right now, so I'd like to cut them back and start over.  

Can I just lop the entire head off and expect it to grow back the same?

What could I expect to sell them for?  Neon Green Lone Star and normal (??), both 8"ish across.

a1a4a29c38256f9f421db3bded9c918a.jpg

Yes you can just cut off the head.  You can also use scissors to cut a strip off around the outside edge.  Once you have the frags growing with a stalk and "cap" the neon green I would think could get you $20 - $40 for a 2" baby.  The generic brown maybe $10 on a good day.

I just use scissors and go around the edges or cut where it ripples the most. I don't mount them, I always sell fresh cut so I don't have to mess with plugs and stuff. Up to you though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Juiceman said:

I don't mount them, I always sell fresh cut so I don't have to mess with plugs and stuff.

Yup - pretty sure both of these are from your tank.  I know the neon green one is for sure.  

Seems like finding buyers up front for a certain day of a cutting would be the way to go. Cut the whole head off, move to bin, and then section it outside of the tank and hand it off.

Yup - pretty sure both of these are from your tank.  I know the neon green one is for sure.  
Seems like finding buyers up front for a certain day of a cutting would be the way to go. Cut the whole head off, move to bin, and then section it outside of the tank and hand it off.

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived