Lighting for my 75g

KKAAY

what I have now is a 48" full spectrum BML but I see they are no longer in business.......I also have two 24" white lighting.

I am looking to just replace the 48" or just get another set up of lighting. I don't know much about the different brands but just want something not to expensive that will give me the natural and blue actinic lighting

75g reef/fish

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 7:45 AM, FarmerTy said:

I use three Ocean Revive T-247 on my tank with great results on my SPS.

I think RCA carries them now in store.

Ty

I purchased two of these and was wondering if you could advise on placement. My tank is about 20" deep.....the whole thing is 48"L x 20"H x 18"W.  Not sure how high off the water they should be placed......thank you

Ty

I purchased two of these and was wondering if you could advise on placement. My tank is about 20" deep.....the whole thing is 48"L x 20"H x 18"W.  Not sure how high off the water they should be placed......thank you

They are adjustable so its really what is convenient for access and aesthetics for you Ky.

I'd start pretty low on the settings and acclimate your corals to the light and intensity. Possibly 7-9" off your tank and at 20% white, 45% blue and see how everything responds. Then ramp it up slowly. If you aren't running high light corals, I'd probably max out at 40% white, 65% blue but this is just a guess by me as a par meter would be best to use to know true par values.

If you have zoas, just watch to see if they stretch towards the light or stay short and fat. Use them as indication to light level if possible.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2017 at 7:37 AM, FarmerTy said:

They are adjustable so its really what is convenient for access and aesthetics for you Ky.

I'd start pretty low on the settings and acclimate your corals to the light and intensity. Possibly 7-9" off your tank and at 20% white, 45% blue and see how everything responds. Then ramp it up slowly. If you aren't running high light corals, I'd probably max out at 40% white, 65% blue but this is just a guess by me as a par meter would be best to use to know true par values.

If you have zoas, just watch to see if they stretch towards the light or stay short and fat. Use them as indication to light level if possible.

Ty,

Mine will be 7 inches above water line...hope thats ok or ill have to figure another way to hang lights.

What is yor lighting schedule?  

I havent tried to figure them out yet...i feel a little intimidated by the process...just trying to gain some knowledge before hand

Thanks

My lighting goes for 10 hrs total, 8 hrs both white and blue channels, with 1 hr of blue channels before and after.

Its just a simple as hanging, turning them on at potentially the recommended levels I gave previously, and then slowly ramping up the levels to a happy level of light for the corals. They will tell you if they are happy or not. Slow adjustments are ideal as they don't appreciate quick changes.

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
1 hour ago, 10gReef said:
is the Ocean Revive T-247 controllable with a neptune aqua controllerIII?

No it isn't.

It has a built in timer?  I like the features of the current loop system but am concerned on the limitations of coral I have read about

Yes, it has a timer so you can set your blue channel and white channels independently.

I know nothing of the Current lights but the OR lights grew and colored my last SPS tank with no issues.

12 hours ago, ShawnM said:

What limitations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is the current loop system doesn't provide as intense lighting for corals that require hi light. 

My understanding is the current loop system doesn't provide as intense lighting for corals that require hi light. 

I run a sps dominant tank and never had any issues I also have a very deep tank and they work great

1 hour ago, ShawnM said:

I run a sps dominant tank and never had any issues I also have a very deep tank and they work great

Your using the current loop system?  If that's the case I might pull the trigger on what I'm looking at.

Archived