fish ID, please

I really like this little guy, but need to ID the speciesbefore I can tell if I can provide it with a good and proper home.

Suspect some sort of goby, but it's not the usual suspects and an internet image search so far has not proven useful.

Note the interesting head/face shape (not quite a sleeper goby, but also not quite a sandsifter mouth) as well as the "landing gear" belly fin disk (only out when on the substrate, folded up when swimming.
Not visible: nice tall spotted fins on top (2, each a half-circle), fron top fin is smaller than back top fin. Transparent and spotted like the body.

Eats frozen mysis, 4-5" long. Currently in saltware, but could be a brackish critter.

Thank you for your help!

unknown_fish_03.png

unknown_fish_00.png

10 hours ago, Sissy36 said:

This site is for Canada but has some some general info on it. At the bottom there are pictures and descriptions of similar gobys. Where did you find it? http://www.invadingspecies.com/invaders/fish/round-goby/

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Wrong species, but many features are pretty close, so possibly right genus. Intersting that the round goby is a freshwater species.
The particular goby is swimming happily in ~1.018 saltwater, for a few weeks now at the LFS
I found out that it was shipped out of Florida, so likely an Atlantic species (can't call it Carribean, but somewhere there's about).

Thank you for help to identify this guy, Maybe we can narrow it down enough to giv him a happy home (and not have him eat the rest of the tank either)

Wrong species, but many features are pretty close, so possibly right genus. Intersting that the round goby is a freshwater species.
The particular goby is swimming happily in ~1.018 saltwater, for a few weeks now at the LFS
I found out that it was shipped out of Florida, so likely an Atlantic species (can't call it Carribean, but somewhere there's about).
Thank you for help to identify this guy, Maybe we can narrow it down enough to giv him a happy home (and not have him eat the rest of the tank either)

It's actually indo pacific. It got brought here on accident. I'm sure they're everywhere though. Well, i hope you figure it out [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Archived