Reefer looking to compare, learn, exchange

touristsis

Hi, I'm finally been back into reefing after 4 years of inactivity.  Looking to find more people/friends around Austin to network, exchange ideas, help each other out, maybe exchange frags, or just simple check out each other tanks.  I love the idea of being able to go to a friends place check out their tanks, see how it grows or not grows, in an effort to make it better.  Anyone out there looking to do the same?  

We currently have a 220 gallon reef tanks.  We currently have about 20 fishes and lots of soft corals

35 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Welcome! Once the meetings kick back up, I'd start attending them. You'll meet a ton of cool like minded reefers.

I didn't see a 2017 meeting schedule. If they're having one once a quarter, and the first meeting was in February, then the next meeting should be sometime between April and June 30th. They should be posting a thread on it soon.

Looks awesome. I'm also running a mostly LPS and softie tank. Looking forward to your posts. I have also had a great time buying and selling livestock and meeting some great reefers. I'm still trying to process all that I saw in Isaac's mad-scientist garage. (Or is it mad-engineer?)

Cool... What does your filtration looks like?

Got pic of your tanks?

I'm in process of trying to go all natural.  Recently remove my protein skimmer, carbon, phosphate removal.  Install 2 algae scrubber and trying to grow chaeto.  Struggling a bit.  You have any experience with this?

I'm in a weird situation. I picked up a 5 year old established tank at Christmas and have been maintaining and upgrading. It is a Red Sea Max 650 and I am using the stock sump and protein skimmer. I did make the main sump chamber into a refugium, but I am still running the C Skim skimmer. I have a sparse Tank "rebuild" thread that I started.

Archived