Andrew's 10g Shrimp Tank

ACampbell

Found this really cool piece of wood at aquatek. I was warned about it floating and it was true. It's been floating at the top of a bucket for about 2 weeks. So I decided to anchor it on a piece of plastic. It worked well once to substrate was added.

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

Im not quite sure as it was a hitchhicker plant I pulled from my 20g. Also not sure about the long plant in the right. The others are christmas tree moss, lacy java fern, floating duck weed, and marimo balls. Not planning on any c02 or ferts, so I hope they are hardy. :)

Cloudiness is starting to clear up after adding purgin and carbon. I've been doing a lot of reading and considering going for Pure Red Line (PRL) crystal reds. It's been a little while since Ive kept dwarf shrimp but Im really looking for a challenge. 

On 5/3/2017 at 10:43 AM, Todd Council said:

Let the breeding begin. Nice looking shrimp tank. What is the plant that is to the left of the driftwood that looks like ulva?

I keep seeing this plant called subwassertang on other forums.

You don't have a problem, depending on how you answer these questions:

How big is that tank? How many shrimp are you putting in there? How long are you planning on keeping the tank?

OR

Are you planning on feeding a MIXED diet?

That tank needs to cycle so you can start buying shrimp.

Lots of tiny copepods (or whatever the fresh water equivalent is) and other tiny life everywhere. Tank is really looking slick. Should be ready for shrimp soon. I'm set on getting Pure Red Line Hinomaru crystal reds and found the vendor I'm going with.

Very nice tank!  Glad to see you also getting back into the gateway drug of freshwater tanks.  Before we know it, we are going to see a Saltwater build thread from you ;)

Picture time. Shrimp are doing great! They are small babies right now, and pretty hard to photograph without a true macro lens. These are  Pure Red Line Hinomaru No Entry Crystal Red Shrimp. 

Pro Packed

1.JPG

No Color out of the box. Dripped Acclimated them for 3 hours.

2.JPG

Colored up nicely.

3.JPG

Old school magnifying glass in front of the camera.

4.JPG

5.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived