• Announcements

• JamesL

Can't Create A Post? Please Read.   01/18/2017

Finding that you can't create a post in a specific forum? Please see the membership changes that took effect in early 2012. You must be a Premium Member to post items in certain forums.
SChrisEV

SChrisEv’s 375g reef

This morning one of the smaller rainbows had moved onto a rock that I could move but did not have time.  If he'd still attached to it this morning I plan to move it to my holding tank to see how it respond to that system.

Picture lighting is not great because of how low the tank lights are, but here is what one of them look like, most are similar, this is a rainbow:

WP_20170621_20_39_22_Pro.jpg

This is not the same one, but this is what is used to look like (the one on the picture is in my holding tank right now):

WP_20170604_18_11_23_Rich.jpg

Yeah that looks about right, from my experience the shrinking could continue until the tentacles are just bumps on the pedal disc of the anemone. Hopefully that doesn't happen here..

Maybe I'll go from only being able to keep nems and fish, to no nems but fish and everything else.  I thnk I might be okay with that, although I do like my nems.

Maybe I just do a blanket large water change (375g display means a lot of change to make an impact) and see how that works.  I'm not ready to do that just yet, but maybe. 

Maybe the new system just not stable enough for the nems. I always heard wait 6 months before adding a nem don't know the reason for sure but I have always stuck to this rule and has worked for me. Is the mouth gaping open from the picture it looks like it might be trying to expell its guts

Well, maybe I've been lucky, or some other magic, but for any BTA that I've had, they have been hardier than most anything else, and I've had some form of a BTA for... > 7 years now.  And I'm not trying to be critical of your comment, but the holding tank is the exact same source water and is actually younger than the display by at least two weeks, and only a 40g breeder. ;)  All that said, I have something going on that they are not liking.  I just don't know what.  

The mouth is open, but I have not seen anything some out of any of their months, but that is not saying a lot, I don't work at home much these days.

Okay, a momentary subject change has anyone had any experience keeping  an Atlantic Blue Tang:

FTAAT500AT.jpg

What can you tell me about them?

Okay, a momentary subject change had anyone had any experience keeping  an Atlantic Blue Tang:
FTAAT500AT.jpg.f0d6f92450ee749c0d23771183e29df1.jpg
What can you tell me about them?

Hmmm, never tried one. I know Juiceman plans to have one, maybe chat with him.