Juiceman's AGE 200 Gallon Reef

Juiceman

36 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:

Man, there's so much more coral than I thought was in there at this point!  Can we get some close ups of the euphyllias at the bottom?

I've been picking up SPS and a few plates here and there since I couldn't get fish....

• 2 weeks later...
Fish AND corals in the same tank! Blasphemy! [emoji12]

Its weird seeing my tank with fish in it too... Glad we're both on the right track again bud.

Some of them are getting ich and my white tail has a funky bacterial thing going on but he's doing well otherwise so I'm trying to leave them alone and get back to my healthy ich maintenance tank.

We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having trouble with my CARX all of a sudden.

It's been running great for about a year with me never needing to do much more than open up the effluent Valve every now and then to keep the steady stream of water coming out.

I started getting notifications that my PH in the reactor was over 7.5 (what I set as the alarm) so when I got home I check to see if I'd ran out of CO2, and I hadn't.

So I pulled the co2 airline to check if it was blocked and water started coming out..... welp, made me think my check valves were bad.

Got new check valves yesterday and it's still not working. So I opened the effluent line all the way and it's letting bubbles in now but only for a few minutes. Like it's building up too much pressure and not letting the bubbles be pumped in anymore.

I'm afraid of raising the co2 pressure too much and am wondering what my next trouble shooting step should be.

It's fed by the return pump, goes through the reactor chamber, then through a secondary chamber to help increase the ph back up before it hits the tank.

Thoughts?

Try isolating each system and testing? Like run the CaRx by itself with no secondary chamber?

Also, check to see if your recirculating pump on the CaRx is working?

Is the filter in the CaRx clean and free of blockages?

The recirculating pump is working. I can see the water movement via some slight Algae in the main chamber.

I can try the main chamber by it self. I'll do that shortly.

I don't know of a filter in the reactor.

Always ran a filter beneath the media. My old Korallin came with one and my current one has one as well. Keeps the smaller pieces of media from accidentally getting sucked into the recirculating pump impeller and messing it up. I clean it each time I refill my CaRX media.

Uh huh.... from this really shady seller.... [emoji38]

You still running the CarbonDoser? Send that thing in already and they'll probably replace that port and give you a new plug! I'll do it if you give it to me! Lol.

The gauges you got me! That's old age there is my guess.

I thought you bought a stainless steel crazy fancy one? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

You still running the CarbonDoser? Send that thing in already and they'll probably replace that port and give you a new plug! I'll do it if you give it to me! Lol.

The gauges you got me! That's old age there is my guess.

I thought you bought a stainless steel crazy fancy one? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Still the carbon doser. I looks like the plate got bent at some point and it's stopping the needle from moving. Might be fixable. Idk

Still the carbon doser. I looks like the plate got bent at some point and it's stopping the needle from moving. Might be fixable. Idk

You got me. Gauges are pretty cheap I think and most universal, may just be able to swap it for a new one.

Well.

The Fish seem to be semi Harmonious at this point minus the Yellow tang who you see isolated. (Trading him for a smaller one) Just trying to keep everyone fat and healthy.

I have a Moorish Idol that's eating well and active, so I hope he stays that way and leaves coral alone. Time will tell.

Also Picked up a Bariene Tang from Aquadome. I have a few more fish I want  but i'm going to take a little break from QT'ing fish and let these guys settle for a bit.

• Like 4

Well... my bad luck with fish continues.....

b01c6aa389b678d8b058c2cd60865973.jpg
33f9cdee8acda3e2c343ed4c79c30435.jpg
c93456661c183caef2e21becea992111.jpg

Came home last night to the idol, powder, bariene, and Sohal riddled with Velvet.

All I can guess is one of them had it going in but never showed signs during QT. The stress of being added in triggered it.

The Copperband was in the tank for about a month, which makes me believe he just got it from one of these new guys.

My QT process included Prazi and antibacterial on all fish but didn't include copper or CP unless I saw signs. I guess I need to go ahead and Copper and CP everyone since that didn't work.

The rest of my tank inhabitants seem fine and don't show any signs of Velvet. I'm filling up my Water bin now to fill the QTs and start catching fish again.

Juicemans Coral Only tank?!