Juiceman's AGE 200 Gallon Reef

Juiceman

You're lucky! I've had some arrive with the prongs broken and I've heard of some people getting boxes with half of the bulbs shattered. BRS does a good job of packing them though.

I've had VHOs come in shattered. These came from Premium Aquatics. I also think the longer the bulb, the higher the risk. These are only 3'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did the anthia army cost you? Get them from LiveAquaria?

Yeah, regular Live Aquaria. Qualified me for the $60 gift card... so I think $300?

10 Females
1 Males
3 Emerald Crabs

Well... my only Divers Den plan backfired as I still ended up with Velvet in the fish tub.

I've pulled the survivors and am starting CP treatment tomorrow.

This further shows that adding Fish from ANY supplier is a risk when you don't QT.

Seems Velvet and Brook and a much more common problem these days.

Sorry bud, I know its been a fish disease nightmare for you since you swapped tanks.

I got marine velvet from a frag... No fish addition at all... So I feel you.  Lost a lot of good fish.

To those that don't QT, be very careful these days. You're one addition from wiping out half your tank with how common velvet is these days.

I've got about a month left in QT before any fish go in the DT.

My SPS have been growing well but are losing coloration. I dose Aminos, Sponge Power, Pohls Extra, and Coral Vitalizer but it's not giving them enough.

Thinking of dosing Potassium Nitrate for a bit to make up for not having fish. I'm reading up on it and seeing increased growth and color by giving the corals some nutrients to grow.

Gonna go pick it up tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 11:43 AM, brian.srock said:

Let me know how they fair. I'm always afraid of adding too many of the same ones in as they usually will whittle themselves down to 3 in the end.

Only 1 made it... they showed no signs of ich, or Velvet, or Brook... just started dying one by one.

im starting to think I should just treat all new fish with anti bacterial and prazi just because. Even before seeing anything on them.

My SPS have stating getting very light so I looked into Nitrate dosing. 

I made solution of Potassium Nitrate based on a post from Reef2Reef that had very similar specs as my tank.

ive been dosing 3 ML of the Nitrate solution which is supposed to equal .5 ppm nitrates per day.

Tested my water today after doing it for a week... nitrates are undetectable. 

IMG_4005.JPG

so im doubling my dose and will test again next week. My alk dropped from 7.5 to 7.0 in one week and my CA dropped from 400 to 380... so I think that may say something about adding the nitrates... will test again next week and see!

15 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

Only 1 made it... they showed no signs of ich, or Velvet, or Brook... just started dying one by one.

im starting to think I should just treat all new fish with anti bacterial and prazi just because. Even before seeing anything on them.

Man that sucks. When I got my last order of 5 I ended up with just 1 as well but he's still kicking at least a year later.

I was looking into other anthias to try but liveaquaria recommends just 1 anthia per tank

12 hours ago, brian.srock said:

Man that sucks. When I got my last order of 5 I ended up with just 1 as well but he's still kicking at least a year later.

I was looking into other anthias to try but liveaquaria recommends just 1 anthia per tank

Interesting.... the good news is I got all the money back as they were under the 14 days warranty.

15 hours ago, Juiceman said:

Tested my water today after doing it for a week... nitrates are undetectable. 

so im doubling my dose and will test again next week. My alk dropped from 7.5 to 7.0 in one week and my CA dropped from 400 to 380... so I think that may say something about adding the nitrates... will test again next week and see!

FYI, I just went though a nitrate (and phosphate) dosing schedule on my tank.  At the beginning I had to triple the dosage vs what the calculators online said to get any nitrate reading.  I would take the calculators with a large grain of salt and just increase dosage until you get a reading then adjust from there.

I didn't experience any change in alkalinity or calcium however.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:51 PM, BornToHula said:

FYI, I just went though a nitrate (and phosphate) dosing schedule on my tank.  At the beginning I had to triple the dosage vs what the calculators online said to get any nitrate reading.  I would take the calculators with a large grain of salt and just increase dosage until you get a reading then adjust from there.

I didn't experience any change in alkalinity or calcium however.

Yeah... I doubled it once, I'm going to test on Thursday and see if anything pops up, and increase from there

You sometimes don't notice growth until you compare pics. I need to get better about taking pics of corals when I get them.

ORA Laura's Purple Polyp

June 23

IMG_3575.JPGAug 8

IMG_4082.JPG

Strawberry Shortcake

June 23

IMG_3572.JPGAug 8

IMG_4081.JPG

Fishy Business Cali Tort

june 23

IMG_3580.JPG

aug 8

IMG_4083.JPG

Now my new Guy...

ORA Yellow Fuzzy

IMG_4084.JPG

ive decided fish will start going in Saturday.

baby Steps... nothing will go in without QT.

• Like 3

Wuh?  We were supposed to release our fish back in our tanks on the same day!  I've been holding my fish in the tub for an extra 2 weeks now waiting for you!  :P

Congratulations man!  I'm sure it looks great with all that fish activity again!