Juiceman's AGE 200 Gallon Reef

Juiceman

Not really sure. I tested and nothing seemed out of wack. I glued and cut several Frags which would usually stop it but they all kept rtn’ing. After I couldn’t figure anything out I added a fresh bag of carbon on top of my return and the remaining Frags appear to have stopped. Looks like I’ve saved about 4.5 Frags so I’ll be able to regrow. Just weird since nothing else was affected. Darn SPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude that strain is the strangest. Yours came from Ty right? Mine was doing well and then randomly RTN’d too. Seems like it has happened to everyone to have a piece of it. [emoji848]

Dude that strain is the strangest. Yours came from Ty right? Mine was doing well and then randomly RTN’d too. Seems like it has happened to everyone to have a piece of it. [emoji848]

Lol! Ty too!

I gave him back a large piece. Before hand

• 4 months later...

0b91842a728519198eb579b473d85dbb.jpg

Well, it’s been a while...! Had a small catastrophe when the line for my bio pellet pump came off somehow and sprayed water everywhere right before we woke up on a Saturday recently but otherwise, Tank has been pretty steady.

I noticed some browning out of some of my mainstay sps which prompted me to do a round of tests. Turns out my Po4 was at about .24 which is crazy for this setup as I’ve had a hard time ever getting it to read more than 0. Turns out at some point of all the power outages and power coming back on, all of my GFO had been pushed out of the reactor. So I’ve got it back filled again and monitoring to make sure I’m getting everything back where it should be slowly.

My next task I’m thinking about is removing all my fish and doing a fallow to rid the tank of ich. For the most part my fish are fine with ich other than the Achilles, Powder Blue, Tomini, and Atlantic Blue. They look like crap every 4-5 days when they get covered in ich. I think that may be a factor in why my recent moorish idol ended up dying even though he was eating well.

As of now my plan is to setup the 150 gallon tub I have with pipes, and media from the display, move all the fish over until I have caught all the fish. Feed the corals with juice from the fish food and maybe some additives. Then once the 76 days is over rid the fish of ich little by little either with TTM or mass CP treatment and add back in little by little.

My undecided or problems I see arising are

1.) how do I catch the mandarin?! (He does eat frozen)

2.) should I do TTM on everyone in sets of 3-4 or just try to get a big dose of CP and just dose the whole 150 tub.

3.) any other issues I may not be thinking of

4.) should I leave it alone and just have a few of my fish look horrible every few days..

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

0b91842a728519198eb579b473d85dbb.jpg

Well, it’s been a while...! Had a small catastrophe when the line for my bio pellet pump came off somehow and sprayed water everywhere right before we woke up on a Saturday recently but otherwise, Tank has been pretty steady.

I noticed some browning out of some of my mainstay sps which prompted me to do a round of tests. Turns out my Po4 was at about .24 which is crazy for this setup as I’ve had a hard time ever getting it to read more than 0. Turns out at some point of all the power outages and power coming back on, all of my GFO had been pushed out of the reactor. So I’ve got it back filled again and monitoring to make sure I’m getting everything back where it should be slowly.

My next task I’m thinking about is removing all my fish and doing a fallow to rid the tank of ich. For the most part my fish are fine with ich other than the Achilles, Powder Blue, Tomini, and Atlantic Blue. They look like crap every 4-5 days when they get covered in ich. I think that may be a factor in why my recent moorish idol ended up dying even though he was eating well.

As of now my plan is to setup the 150 gallon tub I have with pipes, and media from the display, move all the fish over until I have caught all the fish. Feed the corals with juice from the fish food and maybe some additives. Then once the 76 days is over rid the fish of ich little by little either with TTM or mass CP treatment and add back in little by little.

My undecided or problems I see arising are
1.) how do I catch the mandarin?! (He does eat frozen)
2.) should I do TTM on everyone in sets of 3-4 or just try to get a big dose of CP and just dose the whole 150 tub.
3.) any other issues I may not be thinking of
4.) should I leave it alone and just have a few of my fish look horrible every few days..

What do you guys think?

Leave it alone bud. You'll end up losing a couple fish in the process and your corals will pay a bit with them gone from the tank.

And remember, last time it didn't even work for you and you got ich back in the tank again.
  • Like 2

Leave it alone bud. You'll end up losing a couple fish in the process and your corals will pay a bit with them gone from the tank.

And remember, last time it didn't even work for you and you got ich back in the tank again.

Yeah, pretty sure my tenant at the time mixed water when feeding while I was out of town.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty sure my tenant at the time mixed water when feeding while I was out of town.

Personally consider ich free to not mix well with normal standards of reefing. Unless you plan to QT every frag, fish, and CUC 76 days... It'll eventually revert to having ich in it. Not a question of if... But when. Just my 2 cents bud.

Personally consider ich free to not mix well with normal standards of reefing. Unless you plan to QT every frag, fish, and CUC 76 days... It'll eventually revert to having ich in it. Not a question of if... But when. Just my 2 cents bud.

Maybe a better solution is adding a UV Sterilizer?

• Like 1

Maybe a better solution is adding a UV Sterilizer?

That's what I did. It'll help suppress tank wide epidemics of it. May not ever rid you of it but will make occurrences less of an issue.

That and not keep fish that have little resistence to it... Like Achilles,powder blues, etc.

I’m nowhere near the expert that Ty is, but I agree. Leave them alone and feed heavy and with garlic. I also have ich in my tank, but my 2 hippos and yellow tang are super fat and healthy. I soak their food in a couple drops of garlicevery day and feed nori daily (not soaked in garlic). Chasing them around with a net to remove them all just adds to their stress. I have a UV sterilizer, but only a 36 watt coralife, nothing as large Ty’s. May be helping may not be. I’m not sure. [emoji23][emoji2368]

I’m nowhere near the expert that Ty is, but I agree. Leave them alone and feed heavy and with garlic. I also have ich in my tank, but my 2 hippos and yellow tang are super fat and healthy. I soak their food in a couple drops of garlicevery day and feed nori daily (not soaked in garlic). Chasing them around with a net to remove them all just adds to their stress. I have a UV sterilizer, but only a 36 watt coralife, nothing as large Ty’s. May be helping may not be. I’m not sure. [emoji23][emoji2368]

Lol! You’re good. This is what the forum is for!

My fish are fat and happy for sure. I just feel bad when those few get the outbreak once a week. Haven’t lost any of my stock since adding them for over a year. I don’t want to go through the hassle of this for sure. But I tell you what, that powder blue looked amazing over the month or 2 that my tank didn’t have ich!

I say leave it alone as well.  If for no other reason than you've had some terrible luck in the past.  Couple bills for a UV Sterilizer and try and enjoy having a living room as a living room for more than a couple of months at a time!  :grin:

I've been putting off pulling out all of my rocks, fragging/trimming what's still living and doing a complete re-scape just because I know how many things can go wrong.  And I don't want to fish room the dining area for 2 months again.   :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

I say leave it alone as well.  If for no other reason than you've had some terrible luck in the past.  Couple bills for a UV Sterilizer and try and enjoy having a living room as a living room for more than a couple of months at a time!  :grin:
I've been putting off pulling out all of my rocks, fragging/trimming what's still living and doing a complete re-scape just because I know how many things can go wrong.  And I don't want to fish room the dining area for 2 months again.   :thumbsdown:

Yeah, been there twice over the past 2 years