FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

My Jawdropper looking like its about to explode in growth.
3dcb718976ecab6306dd696e40087fad.jpg

Hungs Rainbow under 14k... Excuse the frag taken right out of the middle... And sorry its a had blurry.
10369a03d7671fdf6e38103a2c64d705.jpg

Cultivated Reef Electric Miyagi and Cornbred Bubblegum Digi
72cc1e224993f3e98d4fd34faa512814.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

I have it in monitor mode only... I have trust issues and can't seem to let go yet and let it run in control mode. emoji51.png

Same here, i find it can be inaccurate at times depending on the reagent mixed. it can get drastically out of hand quickly, as to how it wants to dose alk. 

• Like 1

Same here, i find it can be inaccurate at times depending on the reagent mixed. it can get drastically out of hand quickly, as to how it wants to dose alk. 
I make it a large batch at a time so pretty confident once I dial it in that its reading the correct number. Its not the machine's fault ever that its reading the wrong alk... Its usually my fault with inaccurate mixing of the reagent and I'll have to adjust as needed but then its spot on until I run out again. I just have trust issues in general. Lol.

I make it a large batch at a time so pretty confident once I dial it in that its reading the correct number. Its not the machine's fault ever that its reading the wrong alk... Its usually my fault with inaccurate mixing of the reagent and I'll have to adjust as needed but then its spot on until I run out again. I just have trust issues in general. Lol.
I wouldnt trust a robot with my bank account either lol.

Although I'm unsure if ill kill things before it does [emoji23]
  • Like 1

I wouldnt trust a robot with my bank account either lol.

Although I'm unsure if ill kill things before it does [emoji23]
Haha... I think i need to trust this robot. I'm becoming less reliable these days as work is getting crazier. [emoji4]

2 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Haha... I think i need to trust this robot. I'm becoming less reliable these days as work is getting crazier. emoji4.png

lol.. 

Ive had issues with mine, have had to recalibrate it a few times as the ALK will jump up to 12.5 from 8.4/5. i have had issues mixing the reagent i normally mix up the entire 250ml concentrate when i get it. but eh still makes me nervious, maybe not so much when i get corals in the big tank i might not see the issues. the 20gal was very hard to keep stable on the alk side for sps. I killed a ton of higher end stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Congrats! Long overdue!

[emoji122]well deserved and late if you ask me

Glad to see more people than just ARC appreciating your work!

Thanks guys! It's nice to be appreciated in any capacity for something you pour your heart into. Thanks for the good feels! [emoji3059]
  • Like 2

Congrats T! So sick! Just a quick question. How did you get to approx 30 fish and feel that was the right amount for your tank size/healthy amount for coral feeding?
Thanks man!

The 30 fish is also spread out to my frag tanks. There is no magic number but I like the over populated tank look with fish and chose to keep it heavily stocked. As long as there are good poppers in your system... You'll be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I'm pretty upset that you took pics of my tank without asking... Lol I wish! It's nicer in person than in pics that's for sure. Well done for sure! 

[emoji12]Thanks a bunch bud!

Congrats bud! That's pretty cool. It's ok to pat yourself on the back for this achievement!!!

Thanks! Got one of these from Caravanshaka that seems to be helping. [emoji2957]
d7b8b24036c71d2fa5d9d2591f008957.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big congratulations on the article... was a really good read and something to try and aspire to as someone new into the hobby

Thank you! I did the same when I started out as well! I wish you great successes with your tank!

• 3 weeks later...