FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

1 hour ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Woo! So many exciting things happening. First MH, then LED, and now T5. What will be your next light method? Solar tubes!!?

on first story of 2-story home? IM IN! call me when we start cutting holes.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your struggles!  Never fun, but then you have "no time to spend on the tank" to begin with, sucks it has to be time dealing with this.

The fish deaths always hit the heart heavy but fortunately that is all over now. Tank just needs to be completed with the frag tank and some replacement fish in the tank. Oh yeah, I guess I need to actually aquascape too. [emoji5]

Hopefully you're over the hump and things will start settling down with the tank now.

Yeah, the Cyano was expected after the move and mini cycle, the super slow response from me was not expected, nor was the lethal ich outbreak and the sea cucumber killing two with his swan song. Sometimes things happen so fast you don't think about the little details, like what's a cucumber going to eat if there is new sand?

Woo! So many exciting things happening. First MH, then LED, and now T5. What will be your next light method? Solar tubes!!?

Don't forget PC lighting and VHO tubes man back in 2003 and 2009. Oh man, the only solar tube I will ever appreciate is the one in my master closet right now.

on first story of 2-story home? IM IN! call me when we start cutting holes.

You're not allowed over any more!

New light is all [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]!! Help me out on timeline...did you get all the sand and frags into the frag tank, then get an ich outbreak and take all the frags and sand out of the ft so you could use it as QT?

You caught me, some of the pictures are out of order. I treated the fish then afterwards, added the sand in the frag tank. The fish have been chilling for awhile disease free in the tub. It just took me awhile before I got a moment to post the update. [emoji51]

Hey ty just wondering what made you go to t5? We're the led not cutting it anymore or what 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always had the opinion that T5s bring out the best coloration of SPS corals but I never ran a full unit as it was very costly regarding bulb changes. I came across an ATI unit with a price I couldn't turn down and went ahead and decided to swap out the lighting and finally go with the best lighting I believe for my tank.

I second that question.

See above! [emoji4] I'm actually going to use the old fixture above the frag tank which is only 4' and the fixture is 6' like my tank. I'll remove one of 3 LED fixtures and use shorter T5 supplementation but I think I'll repurpose it nicely to start my frag empire. [emoji12]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Watching at work...my headset was sitting on the desk and kept hearing noises that didn't seem to be music...put the headset on and was shocked...there's voice over on this video!!!!!!!  :-)

I'm trying something new... Narration! [emoji86]

Are you completely reaquascaping or are you going to try to recreate the old rock structure? And where is all your old rock?

I'm keeping the right the same but the left is an open book! That is all my rock! I didnt have much in the tank... Minimal aquascape!

Everything is pretty much it was when everyone helped me move stuff, minus a couple moves here and there to spread corals to not sting each other.

Maybe just the missing overflow is why it looks so different

Well, that and I haven't even aquascaped yet besides the right rock structure. [emoji4]

The corals were mostly thrown in place from the move and haven't been changed since. I hope to have a chance this month to remedy that.

One of these days you'll make a video and put heavy death metal over it and it will be HILARIOUS

Its a good thing I don't have a sense of humor. [emoji12]
Ty, MAN!!! I want to be like you when I grow up.  Nice, fuzzy sticks and stuff.

Wait, when I grow up I want a giant house and giant tank like you have.
Looks great

Thanks Shawn!
Tank is looking great Ty! Love the new aquascape design. Can't wait to see the fish move in too!!

Thanks Jordan! Good to see you back! [emoji106]

On 6/16/2017 at 2:25 PM, FarmerTy said:

Video update!

If you are trying to make your tank look like a real reef, you are way off.. These corals have far too much color and are WAY too healthy... 

• Like 1