FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

GregC Ultimate Efflo - oddly, of all my frags, I'm most excited for this one to become a colony. I have a soft spot for efflos.
c7765555435469f3e510901b16cc870c.jpg

JF Fox Flame - one of the acros that have popped up in the last 5 years that made it into classic status in my book.
a330a7223300cae4a5a74962b8a8454a.jpg

Atlantik Aquarium Chameleon from Jolt
97208df84c03a58040c6e3e0fec33c11.jpg

BC Hungs Truly Unbelievable/Hungs Rainbow Explosion
433973ab6a87b9bec46cf71094c34c91.jpg
5c83df59e8250d26a691f5cd7f847679.jpg

FT Blue Lemonade
10de8daf09b187db7faaf5db22f900ce.jpg

• Like 1

Love that Hung's rainbow!  And the chameleon is looking very happy Ty!
That Hungs is something else! Adam at Battlecorals called it the coolest acro he's ever seen in his life. As the colors are coming in, I'm starting to believe it.

Yeah, that chameleon is a mini colony already from the frag I got from you. Its a good grower.

For today's selection, the BC Pearly Cadaver. It lives up to its name... has the pearlyness of an ORA pearlberry but with a different growth form.
c1dbf59275de37ecaeb28f1c7c670a81.jpg

This one I got at a local swap in San Antonio. There wasn't much to look at and the plug was covered in algae but the frag was super healthy looking and from the pictures online, I figured why not. I'm glad I did. CC Voodoo Magic
139c9c6971a51d081bdf9e3d34ca4efd.jpg

• Like 4

hurry up and make em grow so you can frag em off for us [emoji4]

I'll use them for chore credits around the house. Mow the lawn, get a Voodoo Magic frag. Put up the dishes, that's one PC Rainbow frag. It'll be awesome.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting slowly back in the swing of things after the vacation. Had my portable AC unit stop working right before I left so I left the door open to the fish room for the normal HVAC to supply it but temperatures went up about 2 degrees. Also my white channel on one of my Ocean Revive units go the morning I left so 1/3 of the frag tank got the blue treatment for a bit. Finally, added two float valves and after 16 months of being in the new house, I automated my topoff. That even feels sad as I type it. ;Meh

Got back and everything checked out fine which was great. I went to replace any burnt out white diodes and realized half the blue diodes have black soot over them... just life of the fixture since I have been running them for 4 years... going on 5. I retired that fixture for spare parts and modified a new Ocean Revive fixture, replacing again, all green, red, and 10k diodes for 3.5k. I also added 4 True UV 395 nm diodes for that extra bit of pop.

Checked my other oldest fixture and saw the same blacking over of blue diodes and replaced it with a new fixture with the same custom light configuration above. I only burnt my hand once on the soldering gun so I consider that a good session.

Snapped a couple pics of my anemones for the Sunburst Marketplace group on Facebook which I frequent so I thought I would share here. I know... I come back from vacation and don't even post a picture of sticks... just gooey anemones.

Arizona Sunset Anemone
a2c58d7eae5c208d0ca04ecf8ae96ba9.jpg

Mak Corals Inferno Anemone
d492e7c5fa59824731a5f5fb0935193a.jpg

Reefwise Lemondrop Anemone
4ba65c170fc7cbeaf278baceb8a5a135.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome back.  Glad nothing really major occurred while you were away.
Thanks bud. It was only 4 days so I wasn't too worried. Tank kind of looked a bit better honestly and everyone got a break from my postings. [emoji106] Perfect example of things being better without me. [emoji22]

Well, looks like I made it through 1,000 frag plugs since Jan 2017. That's between frags sold, plugs swapped on pieces I acquired, and I'm sure other miscellanous purposes. Either way, that was a startling revelation when I reached for another bag and there wasn't one! [emoji50]

1,200 purple frag plugs are on their way to me for 2018-2019!743856954695b073c24307644ecfdf65.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't been posting the weekly/biweekly photos in my build thread of the anemone lighting experiment (moving anemones under LEDs to T5s for 3 months) because I figured too much documentation for anybody other than the people on the Facebook Colorado Sunburst marketplace.

So here is my last picture and my first picture. I'll take a side-by-side of LED anemones and their T5 counterparts this weekend and summarize my observations for all.

3 Colorado Sunbursts
3 Mak Corals Infernos
1 Reefwise Lemondrop

1st picture
8cd7d75c8f70cb9366df576ddb1f9a25.jpg

Last picture (3 months later)
6d53c22441d2a56e19b89f46dfb48ba3.jpg

52 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
56 minutes ago, jolt said:
Nice growth!  What is your summary?

Yeah, they blew up under the T5s and higher par. I'll be posting my observations this weekend when I do the side-by-side comparison Jolt.

Teaser!

• Like 1