FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Photos looking real good! Maybe one of the upcoming meetings you can give us a crash course on photography. We can all bring our cameras and stick them in your tank. [emoji41]
It'll be the blind leading the blind. I Forrest Gumped my way to those pictures.

Wait, is this a trick to make me host again? Sneaky sneaky! [emoji50]
  • Like 1

I borrowed a UV strip light from Gig'em who got it from a major light manufacturer. True UV diodes, sub 400 nanometers... Not like Radion or Kessil dubbed UV which is above 400nm... That's really more violet. The look it had was very slightly different from your standard actinic lighting.

While most corals looked similar under regular actinics and the actinic strip with UV, there was one monti, the Cornbred Flaming Phoenix that had some amazing streaks under UV.

White light:
304d447276a2f717d226b66b0cf3601c.jpg

Regular actinics:
32e239e28cc7706fb3e5e4bb68f4c925.jpg

Actinics with true UV:
cb900dc66b0ef9fd7049c7590f02b27f.jpg
7be0d9e535f8ef191d4853148a1ea42f.jpg

My jaw dropped! It blew my mind! [emoji50]

• Like 3

I borrowed a UV strip light from Gig'em who got it from a major light manufacturer. True UV diodes, sub 400 nanometers... Not like Radion or Kessil dubbed UV which is above 400nm... That's really more violet. The look it had was very slightly different from your standard actinic lighting.

While most corals looked similar under regular actinics and the actinic strip with UV, there was one monti, the Cornbred Flaming Phoenix that had some amazing streaks under UV.

White light:

304d447276a2f717d226b66b0cf3601c.jpg

Regular actinics:

32e239e28cc7706fb3e5e4bb68f4c925.jpg

Actinics with true UV:

cb900dc66b0ef9fd7049c7590f02b27f.jpg

7be0d9e535f8ef191d4853148a1ea42f.jpg

My jaw dropped! It blew my mind! [emoji50]

Man that monti looks other worldly under true UV!

c52123849f957b57c31ab64233ae3eaa.jpg

• Like 1

I like your new profile picture you made. It’s cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Christy! Its an artist rendering of what I'd look like if my family didnt immigrate to the US and stayed in Vietnam... Except it would be rice fields in the back and not coral frags.[emoji23]

• Like 1

Thanks Christy! Its an artist rendering of what I'd look like if my family didnt immigrate to the US and stayed in Vietnam... Except it would be rice fields in the back and not coral frags.[emoji23] 
Looks like you got a little spare tire there buddy. Too much carbs in the Vietnamese diet!
  • Like 1

I try to look at the Frag plugs color to see just how blue or altered the photo is

A lot of vendors use black frag plugs now, including that Gigem fella. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tank is looking great Ty, I like the new logo too. Photo's are starting to come out top notch. [emoji108]
Thanks bud! Its been fun to dive into the photography side a bit more. Its such a rewarding associative hobby to reefkeeping. It also helps me keep my hands out of the tank too.

Yeah, that way no one can see how juiced up my iPhone photos are! Muahahahaha! [emoji23]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My next batch of plugs will be black. Its creepy seeing bright white plugs when I take pictures of new frags.

Man, that Confetti is so sick. How long is the waiting list on that one 🤣

I'll need two references stating what a good acro caretaker you are and that you've never harmed any in your years as a reefer. [emoji16]

5 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

My next batch of plugs will be black. Its creepy seeing bright white plugs when I take pictures of new frags.

Yeah, those white pasty ones are such creepers! 😂

I'm stepping it up to the next level with a black room, black tank, black egg crate, and black frag plugs! Make those corals pop!

I'll need two references stating what a good acro caretaker you are and that you've never harmed any in your years as a reefer. [emoji16]

Just 2 ? That’s easy Bpb and Josh Avila(podyourreef) 🤣🤣

• Like 1