FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Good job!  I'm looking forward to seeing you set this up and how this works for you.  What I'm mostly curious about is just how much more stability you can achieve and if you will observe a perceivable difference because of it.  I assume that's the end game, using the monitoring function in conjunction with dosing to stabilize the Big 3, right?  However,  if you are already running a dialed in calcium reactor, just how much difference can it really make?

BTW, I chuckled @ 2:40; I was surprised you actually knew what those were!  🤣

• Like 1

Good job!  I'm looking forward to seeing you set this up and how this works for you.  What I'm mostly curious about is just how much more stability you can achieve and if you will observe a perceivable difference because of it.  I assume that's the end game, using the monitoring function in conjunction with dosing to stabilize the Big 3, right?  However,  if you are already running a dialed in calcium reactor, just how much difference can it really make?
BTW, I chuckled @ 2:40; I was surprised you actually knew what those were!  🤣

Well my alk doesn't waver too much ever really. Usually stays about 7.0 dKh +/- 0.5 dKh usually at the most over a month span thanks to the Calcium Reactor. What this will do is give me a good backup system of monitoring one of the most critical parameters for my SPS health for emergency purposes. Plus, its just cool. [emoji16]

Pshhh... Zip Ties... Organized cords... Overrated! [emoji51][emoji28]

Those clowns are fit - always doing cardio [emoji2]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I've seen the female almost stick herself into the mouth of the anemone when she wants a break... Just sitting there still with her head dug into the anemone.

The male is smart and will go into the rocks for a break. [emoji23]
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FarmerTy said:
3 minutes ago, RobR said:
Wow beautiful nem and clowns. That’s a great video there’s something so cool watching clowns in their nem

We all know that's what drew us all to the hobby... Clowns in their nems!

True story and then it progresses to an obsession of colored sticks🤷🏼‍♂

• Like 1

True story and then it progresses to an obsession of colored sticks🤷🏼‍♂
I'll draw a linear progression chart showing the intermediate steps it takes before we all end up loving colored sticks. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 2

I'll draw a linear progression chart showing the intermediate steps it takes before we all end up loving colored sticks. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Glad you said linear progression chart and not curve because I imagine a 90 degree angle in there.....

• Like 1

Glad you said linear progression chart and not curve because I imagine a 90 degree angle in there.....
I'm not accounting for real world dynamics... You're right. There will be some 90 curves, an occasional drop off from the chart and a couple of 180s.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm not accounting for real world dynamics... You're right. There will be some 90 curves, an occasional drop off from the chart and a couple of 180s.

🤣🤣🤣

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I've seen the female almost stick herself into the mouth of the anemone when she wants a break... Just sitting there still with her head dug into the anemone.

The male is smart and will go into the rocks for a break. [emoji23]
[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

As if Colorado Sunburst Anemones aren't cool enough, one of my splits turned out as a half and half... Half red... Half orange.

I hope it'll stay this way long-term!31b8beec53e6993d87cd2914edb178b8.jpg

Wow that is amazing, That bad boy is stunning, hope it stays that way for you long term as well.  Have you had other splits do that in the past and then change or is this the first time that you’ve seen this? 

• Like 1

Wow that is amazing, That bad boy is stunning, hope it stays that way for you long term as well.  Have you had other splits do that in the past and then change or is this the first time that you’ve seen this? 
Thanks Rob. This one is the most apparent with the half and half. I've had a couple tentacles be different after a split but this guy displayed the most difference from one side to the other. Very interesting!

Just now, FarmerTy said:

Hmmm... Something seems wrong here. I just tested my alk with a Hanna meter right beside my never been turned on Alkatronic. emoji17.png #getonitdude #openupthemanual

aaa07ca7efc1e1542e32c8c678ca1ef6.jpg

I think maybe you should "loan" it to me for testing...I've got way more time on my hands than you do!  :cheer:

• Like 1