FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

29 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
39 minutes ago, brian.srock said:
I'll just log into your webcam and watch you do it.

Just facetime me bud. My webcam charges $2.99/minute and I know you're saving up for an alkatronic right now.

lol 

• Like 1

Fun night of lighting repairs... [emoji26]

Had a ballast go out on my ATI fixture. Luckily I have a whole spare ATI fixture so I borrowed a ballast from it. Let the transplant begin!

3337f946fb35ff36a3f9433c71d772bd.jpg

Here's some smoke marks on the bad ballast and the smoke left on the fixture.

967b3c2d15fed9cde43e67cdf47d8104.jpg
31f37056d4eef8458eddc0826de6a3b7.jpg

Also, my SBREEF bars have violet diodes in them. Apparently at that spectrum, acrylic can burn. There were haze marks and burns on the acrylic where each violet LED diode was. I went ahead and made the decision to drill out the acrylic cover and open the fixture to the elements. Its nice that it was sealed so nicely but my Ocean Revive units run similar diodes and are completely not sealed and have lasted for 3-4 years now so I'm not too worried these are open to the elements now.

0769a461d8dbe41f33e83fbb4808f194.jpg
a099b837e2d257eb2c1398f7cd8dc266.jpg

CC Habanero Anacropora

721c1fbdeafbdec8ea44f82c0051a549.jpg

Pengs Inferno Granulosa

d48424fa0cc421f48c04724cadbdf396.jpg

WWC Blue Monster

b7621a4edf402f515fe2e8afc0944e6a.jpg

OG Strawberry Shortcake Magna '97

bff9016529266d4e2c3ce57b55f2499c.jpg

Boom Corals Red Loripes

18a1216b3192ae951530bf25329a85b8.jpg

Cornbred Bubblegum Digi

9276b87b4c627967d02db6677472b6c4.jpg

Nicks Purple Passion

867c26cf6b9d5beb6cccb8addd938a87.jpg

Cornbred Blue Tort

72c60f5f939425fb52bc082e7ed6adb1.jpg

RCA Baton Rouge

735d0e2420caa6eafb10b6e92b5d2bff.jpg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
2 hours ago, jolt said:
Nice frags and pix.  Your color balance looks very natural.

Thanks Jolt! Its been a fun journey learning how to take pictures with the DSLR.

Do you teach any classes? I'm pretty horrible with my mirrorless!

• Like 1

Do you teach any classes? I'm pretty horrible with my mirrorless!
Wrong person to lead. I just keep flipping switches and turning dials until I luck my way into a good picture. There's like 1 good one for every 250 bad ones.

Thx. And thx for those frags. All are dping well except for the Bottlebrush acro.

Haven't seen any PE yet, looks like burnt tips slowly coming on. But my alk literally has been between 7.34-7.5 since I added them and I have NO3 = 6-8ppm and po3 = 1ppm.

Some things you just can't explain...

Shutter speed and exposure, respectively.
  • Like 1

Thx. And thx for those frags. All are dping well except for the Bottlebrush acro.

Haven't seen any PE yet, looks like burnt tips slowly coming on. But my alk literally has been between 7.34-7.5 since I added them and I have NO3 = 6-8ppm and po3 = 1ppm.

Some things you just can't explain...
It is an oddly sensitive acro, similar to the ORA chips. I feel like the more brittle skeleton that both share may be a clue to its odd sensitivity.

Beautiful pics ty, as always your SPS look phenomenal! Very intrigued by these new alk monitors will be looking forward to seeing your reviews and thoughts when you get it set up.  Really wish that Neptune had built theirs to support the classic it’s a bummer that it only works with the new controller. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobR said:

Beautiful pics ty, as always your SPS look phenomenal! Very intrigued by these new alk monitors will be looking forward to seeing your reviews and thoughts when you get it set up.  Really wish that Neptune had built theirs to support the classic it’s a bummer that it only works with the new controller. 

Agreed...although I didn't have a controller before...I really wanted to get the classic. But basically this is turning into a $1400 investment for the new apex and trident. 😕

Thanks Rob!

I'll definitely post updates once I get a chance to even open the box!
Agreed...although I didn't have a controller before...I really wanted to get the classic. But basically this is turning into a $1400 investment for the new apex and trident. [emoji53]
Agreed. To say the old controller doesn't have the computing power to run Trident is an outright lie in my opinion. We'll see how the Trident is when it finally arrives. I just see a company that forces you to upgrade as one that will also gouge you with reagant costs so I went ahead and got the Alkatronic.

Alkatronic's reagent is $110 for basically a 4-year supply of tests run every other day. Now the reagent itself lasts 3 years it appears so I'll probably just have it test everyday anyways since my reagent will be expired beyond that timeframe.

I might do an unboxing video if I have time so people can see what they'll get and also do a setup video. I'll minimize my face time on the video as to not scare people away and keep the cheesy music to a minimum. [emoji4]
  • Like 3

If you cant get the box open you can send it to me. I will open it and then send it back so you can do the un-boxing video.
It does have two pieces of tape I'm not sure what to do really with... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1