FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

This is why i call my tank a virtual cold war zone.  everything is at odds, everything is keeping each other in check.  something gets out of hand, BAM, they gone.  (only exception here is anemones... they are the nuclear "stateless"  actor....jerks)

if you don't like that analogy, get goldfish :)

• Like 1

Major Bummer Ty. Sorry about that.
Do you plan on painting the back of the tank or leaving it clear?
Thanks, I'm still pretty bummed but I'll get over it.

Its clear now but I will place a pvc board back there that is removable so I can still work with it open sometimes if needed.

Good idea.
Also was wondering... when you transfer all your fish to the tub,  do you keep ur GFO and Biopellet reactor online, even if you won't be feeding your display for over a month? 
I do and just ghost feed the DT.

Oh no, Ty! That was the regal I saw and teased you about from RCA?? What a bummer! Sorry for your loss, sir. Hopefully, you find another beautiful specimen soon. The scape and sticks look fantastic!!! Can't wait to see it with those things that swim!!!

• Like 1

Oh no, Ty! That was the regal I saw and teased you about from RCA?? What a bummer! Sorry for your loss, sir. Hopefully, you find another beautiful specimen soon. The scape and sticks look fantastic!!! Can't wait to see it with those things that swim!!!
Yeah, it was that beauty! What a shame! Thanks Reeflogic! I'll be happy to see some swimming fishes in the tank soon as well. I've got the first batch in QT right now so hopefully there will be fish soon in the tank. The naso is on timeout in the frag tank but I may move him back into the tub now that the regal is dead. I don't want to put him in the DT yet to avoid him getting territorial with it while I'm still adding fish.

Tangs in timeout! Too funny, in a not so funny situation. At least you're in good spirits, I would be in the corner, crying!! :(  Hope to see you and the tank soon, Ty. Oh and even though I lost a couple of frags I picked up from you, random RTN, the bulk are doing excellent and have amazing coloration.  Thanks again!

Tangs in timeout! Too funny, in a not so funny situation. At least you're in good spirits, I would be in the corner, crying!! [emoji20]  Hope to see you and the tank soon, Ty. Oh and even though I lost a couple of frags I picked up from you, random RTN, the bulk are doing excellent and have amazing coloration.  Thanks again!

Don't kid yourself, Ty was in a corner crying to. He and his son were likely having a cry fest together [emoji12]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My VividAquariums confetti coloring up and starting to look more than just a brown stick.

8a45af2bc3b302a2a85ba9b6880ef2ed.jpg

Maybe one day it'll look like this!

27735943a136d5816cc0395b442f0afd.jpg

QTing a magma wrasse and a flame wrasse... They are both divas and said no pictures. Also QTing a melanarus and foxface for the frag tank and a yellow sided fairy wrasse for the display.

7a5f979a550d09485c8b18449b6cb92b.jpg

Also, one Colorado Sunburst anemone naturally split so I finally put one in the display tank.

efc017c206aadc1fead76bbe47282808.jpg

Then I figured if there's an anemone... There should be clowns in the tank... So, I officially have fish in the tank again. Had this girl since she was the size of a grain of rice, 7 years,3 tanks, and 2 velvet epidemics.

ab4ce8829e2dab84475aa93d33cac5e2.jpg

I threw in the flamehawk fish too. Can you spot him? Cause he can spot you...

b2d62350fefa4874840ecc4ad46de8c2.jpg

You guys know my goniopora obsession... Found this diamond in the rough at Aquadome! Peach/pink colored with yellow tips!

312b9a26270251cddbb1ee281ae34408.jpg

7f9e36aa4d90b69ed912620bb95d5302.jpg

Frag of it that broke off when I was dipping it.

087c9fc277b64a066e556641dd4a52bd.jpg

Back to my FarmerTy ways... A slew of frags going out to Houston and Cali.

0120539efe1325239d0eb8bc124c2ed1.jpg

That's all I got for an update! Stay tuned!

• Like 3

How much do you want for the whole shin-dig or are you selling pieces together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lucy, if you're talking about the picture with all the frags, they're all for my Houston and LA orders, so they are all sold already.

I'll be doing a local sale sometime in the near future if you're interested in picking up some frags. I just need to send these all out first and make room in the frag tank.

YES YES YES! just tell me when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome, will do!

Just curious, have you kept acros before? Because that's mainly what I frag and sell. I occasionally do have some LPS for sale as well but not too often.

Just now, FarmerTy said:
2 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:
Very nice

Too bad they won't stay that color but hopefully something as nice... Or nicer!

So true...one thing I finally learned...take a coral home and wait to see what you get.

So true...one thing I finally learned...take a coral home and wait to see what you get.
Oh yeah, for sure when it comes to maricultured or wild colonies of acros... But I've seen some interesting color changes with LPS as well.

My red goni with blue centers was looking good today.
62857b5d10f7551abffda30ce05f36d3.jpg

My new pink and yellow tip goni is coloring up nicely!
1322734457003a41c929e0e85dcd480d.jpg

Nice to have an anemone in the tank again.
96a0be8d0e5ce7249454febb903e4962.jpg

Took 2 days and me removing all gonis for them to finally swim into the anemone.
889964da2e8d6cf0719757357d620fb1.jpg

Always loved this spot in the tank.  I'm glad it made it mostly unscathed when I moved.
6c8cd96b3c4cb11784e5c60da07e8c56.jpg

• Like 3

Not much has changed other than the availability of microfoods, such a Reef Roids and Gonipower, which helps survivability.  

I opted to go with aquacultured gonis... Ones that I know survived and flourished in someone else's tank.  The pink with yellow tips is a wild one though so who knows if it'll make it long term.  From my experience, they'll usually do fine for a couple months to a year and then slowly start withering away.

I also think large bodies of water breed more success with them.