Chloroquine Phosphate

Chris_ATX

After a closer look I'm thinking velvet instead of ich? Here's a picture of the clown I still have left. My eel and foxface seem to be fine but the other clown died very rapidly after noticing same white pattern on it.

IMG_0865.JPG

22 minutes ago, Chris_ATX said:

New clowns . Woke up to the 2nd one dead this morning. Clowns and foxface purchased Friday at the 1st Friday sale.

It's probably Brooklynella, as Ty said. Sometimes non-clownfish are not affected by brook, but it's possible the disease will remain latent until you treat all the other fish, go fallow, etc.

I would give all your fish an acriflavine bath (Ruby Reef Rally) and then transfer them into a clean/sterile QT. Nothing from the DT should be reused to setup the QT. Treat with metronidazole (Seachem Metroplex or Metro-MS) for 2 weeks and after that brook should be eliminated. Fallow period for brook is 6 weeks.

If you think you might also have ich in your DT, then it might be a good idea to treat with CP or Hypo for 4 weeks afterwards; and go fallow in the DT for the full 76 days.

4 minutes ago, Chris_ATX said:

Anyone know where in town to get Ruby Reef Rally?

You can use formalin instead (Formalin-MS, Quick Cure, Aquarium Solutions Ich-X, Kordon Rid-Ich Plus all contain formalin), but I've had mixed success using that on eels. Acriflavine is much safer/less harsh.

If you can't find acriflavine or formalin, and the other fish aren't showing any symptoms, then you could probably get away just treating with metro in a QT. The chemical bath is designed to provide temporary relief until metro finishes the parasite off.

2 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

You can use formalin instead (Formalin-MS, Quick Cure, Aquarium Solutions Ich-X, Kordon Rid-Ich Plus all contain formalin), but I've had mixed success using that on eels. Acriflavine is much safer/less harsh.

If you can't find acriflavine or formalin, and the other fish aren't showing any symptoms, then you could probably get away just treating with metro in a QT. The chemical bath is designed to provide temporary relief until metro finishes the parasite off.

With the Metroplex should i dose the water or dose the food?

11 hours ago, Chris_ATX said:

Does anyone have any available that they would be able to sell? I don't have a vet since I have no other pets and need to treat some fish that have ich.

Thanks,

Chris

Just a reminder that any drugs that require a prescription must be obtained with one. 

16 minutes ago, Chris_ATX said:

With the Metroplex should i dose the water or dose the food?

Dose the water every 48 hrs for 2 weeks. I seem to remember being impressed by River City Aquatics selection of meds, so they might have Seachem Metroplex.

Hey Chris, I had a few sick fish about a month ago after introducing my blue tang to my tank. Two of my other fish died and I started doing research all over the web.. Quite a few people gave the same recommendation of using concentrated garlic drops directly on the food source. I went and bought Garlic Xtreme at Aquatek and began to dose in the food. I gotta say,  I was skeptical but after a week my last three fish were looking healthy again. I noticed a difference after the second day. I still dose garlic in their food but now only about twice a week. If you need a bit and have a little vile with dropper. I can give you some

10 hours ago, Chris_ATX said:

Dosed the QT as directed and placed an order for a few other medications to have on hand for future use.

Dose every 48 hrs for 2 weeks. Do a good sized water change at around the halfway point.

Archived