Tank move - FINAL ;)

SChrisEV

Thanks so much for the help from @APK, @Humblefish@madsalt and @Jimbo662 when unloading my new tank into my current garage, then Humblefish for helping move the tank onto the temporary stand/cart.  I'm now trying to line up the final step, moving the tank into the new house.  The good news is the tank is already on a movable stand that I built for this purpose.  The tank is on it's side, the stand on wheels is 25" wide, so it will fit through doors, etc.  The surface is concrete then plywood over tile so there is no need to carry the tank anyplace.  The stand moves pretty well, I'll only need a person or two to help maneuver it into place, but I will need help getting it off the movable stand into the metal stand.  Like I said it's on its side right now, so it's almost just a matter of tipping it onto the new stand. 

The hard part is I'm trying to move the tank into the house before the rest of the house in (Saturday) so we don't have to navigate around furniture etc.  So I'm shooting for Friday evening 4/14/2017. I'm open on the time, but maybe 6:00ish.  I will provide pizza and cold beer.  I expect the move will take no more than 30 minutes tops.  No waiting around for the tank to be delivered this time!!

It is a heavy tank (maybe 1,000 lbs.), but we only need to move it off the temp stand onto the permanent one. If you are able to help Friday evening please let me know.

Thanks so much in advance.

Also, in case it helps at all, Thursday evening 4/13 would work as well if we have more people that works for.  

21 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:

I'll be there this time!  :-)

21 hours ago, Humblefish said:

Assuming we're still here in 10 days (long story), I'll be happy to help again. I should be able to let you know for sure by early next week.

Thanks guys!!

12 hours ago, madsalt said:

Sorry i'll be in New Orleans at a conference 

No worries, thanks again for your previous help!  Enjoy New Orleans.  Once I have everything up and running I'll have everyone that helped, in any phase over for BBQ or something.

41 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:

Are you getting shipped off somewhere else now?

Possibly - it's complicated but there's enough concern to justify not putting down roots in Austin just yet. :huh:

Also, my wife just found out that her aunt died overnight so we may be taking a trip for the funeral over the long weekend. Best to count me out at this point. Sorry. :(

Just now, Humblefish said:

Possibly - it's complicated but there's enough concern to justify not putting down roots in Austin just yet. :huh:

Also, my wife just found out that her aunt died overnight so we may be taking a trip for the funeral over the long weekend. Best to count me out at this point. Sorry. :(

Sorry to hear that.

On 4/11/2017 at 1:55 PM, Humblefish said:

Sorry to hear that Humblefish 

I think we are 4 is @ShawnM can help.  4 is the number we used to get the tank on top of the cart, so if all 4 of us are strong, we can do it.  another person, even just for guiding would be very helpful.  I have a buddy that will be helping me actually get the tank on the trailer that might be able to help get it on the stand, but timing will be a thing.  If there is one more person to help I'd greatly appreciate it.  The four are Me, @Jimbo662 @FarmerTy and I hope @ShawnM if any of you can't make it please let me know via a call or text tomorrow (Friday) ASAP I will likely NOT get a message from ARC.  I will send you all a message with address phone, etc.

Thanks you so much!

Chris

I've been curious about the weight of this thing...so I looked it up!  Glass weighs 13.11 lbs per sq ft.  Just the 4 sides and bottom are appx 890 lbs. This doesn't include any of the eurobracing or extra stuff on it. :o

I've been curious about the weight of this thing...so I looked it up!  Glass weighs 13.11 lbs per sq ft.  Just the 4 sides and bottom are appx 890 lbs. This doesn't include any of the eurobracing or extra stuff on it. [emoji33]

My favorite part was grabbing the front glass as we tipped it as a counterbalance and getting a free ride up the stand as a result. [emoji15]

Thanks for everyone's help Friday.  The move went very well, and the cart seems to really workout. 

On 4/16/2017 at 8:18 AM, Jimbo662 said:

I've been curious about the weight of this thing...so I looked it up!  Glass weighs 13.11 lbs per sq ft.  Just the 4 sides and bottom are appx 890 lbs. This doesn't include any of the eurobracing or extra stuff on it. :o

I guessed around 1000 lbs. it's a beast!

On 4/16/2017 at 8:35 AM, FarmerTy said:

My favorite part was grabbing the front glass as we tipped it as a counterbalance and getting a free ride up the stand as a result. emoji15.png

Yeah, not really sure you provided much resistance for that counter balance. :)

Archived