185 G Tank and metal stand for sale - $800 OBO

SChrisEV

The tank is 5 feet long, by 2.5 feet deep, by 2 feet high (60 x 30 x 24)  I had the stand custom built as two parts.  The main frame to hold the tank, and the back “tower” that I use to store top off water, food, my APEX etc.  It was also meant to be a very strong attachment for the hood.  The nice thing is the tower is attached to the main frame with bolts so it can easily be used with or without it.  The dimensions are awesome for aquascape, coral placement etc.  It is also great because you have a LOT of space under the stand.  I currently have about 40g (running) of sump/refugium plus a 40G breeder and an external pump that all easily fits. 

The stand is Line-X coated to help protect the stand from rust etc.  Doing the Line-X was pretty expensive but well worth it!  Much better than just painted as paint can and will scratch and any exposed metal will rush.  Line-X is very hard to scratch.

The tank is reef ready with two drains and two returned plumbed into the overflow box at the center of the tank.  The back is painted black

I have the “skins”/façade that are NOT finished, but the buyer is welcome to them.  I also have a unique sump/refugium setup that I will also throw in if the buyer is interested.

The tank will be available around 5/15/2017.

Pics of stand and tank empty:

Stand_Frame.jpgStand_Frame2.jpgStand_FrameFacade.jpgStandwTank.jpg

Tank as it looks today (The black hood is from the old stand.  I just did not mount the lights in the new hood yet) :

WP_20170312_19_49_36_Pro.jpgWP_20170312_19_50_09_Pro.jpgWP_20170312_19_49_51_Pro.jpg

My build thread can be found here:

Is the  5 feet long, by 2.5 feet deep, by 2 feet high (60 x 30 x 24) dim "WITH" the extra back space and footprint or without? 

How tall is the "Base" floor to bottom of tank? 

What does the back of that look like if it was say in between a living and dining room ?

I have a space with a 36 inch wall on one side but if I don't do a peninsula I don't know if it will look good at all if I can't hide the "Back" to the dining room 

Living is on the "Top" dining on the "Bottom" for reference. 

2017-03-24_1251.png

The aquarium glass itself is 5 feet long, by 2.5 feet deep, by 2 feet high (60 x 30 x 24).  The back "tower" is 12" deep (front to back) so the total depth with the back tower is 42" (3 1/2 feet).  The tower does not have to be used at all.  They are separate pieces that are bolted together.  The metal stand that the tank sits on is 36" tall (I need to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure that is what it is).

I'm not 100% sure I follow your diagram, but you could use the tank without the tower, face the front of it toward either room you want and have shelves or something else 6" deep on the other side to consume the 36" space.  The back of the tank is painted black.  You could probably get that off, but the overflow box is in the middle of the tank so you'd probably want to cover that with something if you wanted to see both sides.

I'm not sure where you are located but you are welcome to come by and take a look.

I'm not willing to give it away, but dropping the price to $1000 OBO.  I know it's a big tank and someone needs to be looking for one but this is a good deal on a great tank and stand.

I wish I could make this work it is just  a little too deep for what I want and even if I just went with the stand and took the back off I want to be able to "See" through the tank on both sides as the back would be on my dinning room side of that space. I am going with a shorter ( 18" tank ) is the plan right now.  I wonder how hard it would be to pull the back paint? but again I really want something shorter so in the end this setup at 1000.00 gives me the stand and I would still need to build out another 25 to 28 inch stand to hold the RO tank and the Salinity tank... I think at this point it would be better for someone who needs "This" setup to take the entire system vs me try to "Make it work" ...  Good luck sir..  

Literally saving for this tank right now if someone doesn't buy it first. Just rest assured that if it hasn't sold in about a year...I'm the dude. Lol. I laugh. But I'm dead serious. The price is right and the size is perfect for what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Bpb said:

Literally saving for this tank right now if someone doesn't buy it first. Just rest assured that if it hasn't sold in about a year...I'm the dude. Lol. I laugh. But I'm dead serious. The price is right and the size is perfect for what I want.

LOL, Well I hope to not have it in a year, that or it will be a second tank in the new house.  I have given that some thought as well!  I can see this as a nice LRFO tank, nice lion, angels etc.... the more I think about it...  Anyway, it is a nice tank, the extra depth is very nice for aqua-scaping.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Bpb said:

Do it mike!!!!!!!

Lol you know im drooling over this tank. Trying to make something happen, funds are tight because of moving on short notice but we'll see !

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday this tank was picked up by the new owner.  It was a good and sad day.  It was an awesome tank, stand, setup that I spent a good bit of time on, so I didn't really want to see it go, but It needed to move, and I think the new owner will enjoy it, so that was great.

I have my APEX Classic that I will be listing for sale in a few minutes as well.

Archived