Tell me... What do you DIP with?

Brooks

What do you all dip with (insert chewing tobacco joke here)?  

Back in the day I always used Bayer, mixing it in so much that I could barely see the coral I was dipping... but surely there are better options out there now, right? I've seen people say that it doesn't kill Zoa eating nudibranchs, and still doesn't kill AEFW eggs. 

Any words of wisdom? Or should I stick with Bayer? 

13 hours ago, Brooks said:

What do you all dip with (insert chewing tobacco joke here)?  

Back in the day I always used Bayer, mixing it in so much that I could barely see the coral I was dipping... but surely there are better options out there now, right? I've seen people say that it doesn't kill Zoa eating nudibranchs, and still doesn't kill AEFW eggs. 

Any words of wisdom? Or should I stick with Bayer? 

IMO the old school options are still the best. I use peroxide, iodine and Bayer. I'm not sure of anything that kills the eggs. You can minimize your risk with a coral QT or by cutting the bases. Ty did a coral dipping thread last year if you want to check it out. I haven't written anything on dips specifically, but I did touch on what I use in this thread

• 4 weeks later...

Like Humblefish, I use Bayer and/or CoralRx and haven't had any critter issues.  Not had any run ins with eggs yet so can't speak to that.  

57 minutes ago, Isaac said:

remove from plug, bayer 10mins, rinse, coralrx 10 mins, rinse, put on new plug...rack in tank for a couple days, remove from plug, then mounted somewhere.

The bayer to kill anything with a carapace and the natural dip to kill any worms?

Archived