45g Lagoon LPS tank

Jimbo662

I figured I'd get this thread started since I'm starting to receive some of the equipment.

Tank is a SCA starfire (36" x 24" x 12")...ETA mid March

Skimz UP30 sump

Vertex Omega 130 skimmer (grabbed it while BRS had them marked down to $199)

Waveline DC6000 return pump

A pair of Rossmont M900 powerheads, interested to see how these will work out

ATI Sunpower T5, 6 bulb, 36"

A pair of Finnex titanium heaters

The current plan is to set it up for low to med light, low to med flow LPS and maybe some softies. I've pretty much run out of room on the sand in the 66g tank.  Once everything is moved the 66g will be SPS focused.

A little sneak peak...

Sump.jpg

My initial thought was to do mostly shelf rock on the bottom with sand in the spaces between kinda like a flag stone patio with a couple of small mounds around the oveflow which will be back center.

Thoughts / ideas?

Well, lagoon in the sense that it's going to be shallow and not too much flow. Bottom will be covered with acans and blastos.

Don't think I wanna go with a shrimp only tank with one of those suckers!  :-)

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:

Thanks...not quite on par with yours but it'll do the job. :cool:

It's what's inside that counts in the end Jimbo.  I'll bet you will have that stocked and looking good fast

Got a little progress made on Sunday. Waiting for a few more items so I can finalize the plumbing this week. 

Is this good enough for level??  Hopefully when I do the leak test it'll stay level.  :-)

Level.jpg

Stand pic 1.jpg

Stand pic 2.jpg

I will be the devils advocate: is there no way to shim that level a little bit Jimbo?  Seems like that would have you off at least 1/4" over the length of the tank?  I doubt it is dangerous, but it might be distracting to you?

7 minutes ago, jolt said:

I will be the devils advocate: is there no way to shim that level a little bit Jimbo?  Seems like that would have you off at least 1/4" over the length of the tank?  I doubt it is dangerous, but it might be distracting to you?

So...here's my plan.  The stand is sitting on a piece of MDF. I plan to do the leak test and see where the level ends up once it settles into the carpet/pad. When I drain it I'll do some shimming if needed. Fill it back up and check level again.

6 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:

Is this good enough for level??  Hopefully when I do the leak test it'll stay level.  :-)

Level.jpg

the fact you are asking says it all, no? :)

Archived