zack aka zackery taylor-swift

z4ck38

dont change the water too often... you need to complete the initial cycle... blooms or not. [emoji4]

I change every two weeks.

it's just this milky water think is freaking me out. a buddy of mine said I should start over.

I'm scared about moving the corals back to my DT bc I don't want to bring algae with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah, yea... so this is in between normal routine... check params, see whats out of whack, if they are all good, possibly reduce lighting for a bit.

Is it like a stringy translucent film?

ah, yea... so this is in between normal routine... check params, see whats out of whack, if they are all good, possibly reduce lighting for a bit.
Is it like a stringy translucent film?

all parameters are good.
I run the light (T5) for 10 hours a day. how much would you reduce?
The water isn't filmy at all, just no clear. there's no particulate floating around it any thing.

d583e3189b3e1115f664e700152a3382.jpg

here is a pic of my water. doesn't doe the milkiness justice, but you can kind of tell.

are you carbon dosing? alk dosing?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

what is your pH at?    Reason I ask.. I left my vinegar dosing on overnight once, looked exactly like this.  vinegar is a carbon source, AND it dropped my pH. its was a self-caused bacterial bloom.  a water change didnt really help much, just time and patience.   If the pH is on the low end, you actually need more light in this case to raise the pH.

Archived