Back after a 15 year hiatus

takoattack

New guy here.

I had a 46G bowfront system that I managed with my Dad when I was in Highschool in a suburb of Philly.  We did weird things back then, like floating the sand bed over a mesh screen, and got all of our info from a mediocre LFS. My dad ended up breaking down the tank a little while after I left for college.  He is now retired, so for Xmas this year I bought him a 32G Biocube, and then another for myself.  We are now about 5-6 weeks into our systems: his in Allentown PA, and mine in Austin. We have both been amazed at how the hobby has changed over the years: the amount of information, the new theories and setups, the quality and color of corals, and the gear, oh the gear.  

I had a friend in college who ran a nano reef and got all kinds of support and frags from the BostonReefers community: it opened my eyes to the benefits of a good community group. I'm glad that there is such a good local community here in Austin.  24 hours after my first post I was able to setup harvesting appointments with two members for Chaeto and GSP. Thanks ShawnM and Woods!

For pics, you can scope my instagram account which I regularly update:

Archived