The rising sun and E27 windows and artificial light

MrZ2u

Walking upstairs to my office this morning and I realized that the chosen location for my new tank gets absolutely blasted with the morning sun and there is no way to stop it as the guilty party is a bay window that doesn't and won't have any blinds.  The glass is the highest rated low-E type so on paper its blocking out a majority of something (I know it keeps the heat and bills down)  
It looks like it's only about an hour of straight on sun and then just regular daylight.   Does anyone think this could lead to or exacerbate any problems with algae.

Alternatively...if I set the timer right this could be a perfect 'natural' sun rise...although I had planned for that to happen later in the day so that 'sunset' would be nearer 21:00 to 22:00

• 1 month later...

Only problem I've run into with a system getting some direct early morning light was an 16" bubble coral colony that would open and close with the rising and setting of the sun and not when the lights turned on or off.

Exact same 'situation' with my 80g. Haven't noticed any negative effects yet. I always worry a little bit about algae because of the constant light but my last tank got indirect sunlight most of the afternoon, and it was fine.If anything, I thought it was beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived