WTB anemone -- ritteri or rose bubble tip

Joseph.Ruelle

Those Colorado sunburst are just too expensive for me-- seriously. 

Messaged re: ritteri. Have a lead on a rbta but am not sure just yet. Will give preference to the ritteri, if one is available.

They're too expensive for me too! Luckily I made 80% of my money back after the first split. [emoji6]

18 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Did somebody say ritteri anemone?!? I happen to specialize in that beauty of a species! How large of tank do you have?

I didn't think that you had any available. Did you slice one up?

25 minutes ago, Sascha D. said:

I didn't think that you had any available. Did you slice one up?

No not yet, but I am willing to part with the one I have in my QT tank since I don't have room for it in the DT at this time. I had planned on trying to frag it, but I'm afraid to on such a beautiful specimen. I would prefer to experiment on a more common or less attractive color variant.

1 hour ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

No not yet, but I am willing to part with the one I have in my QT tank since I don't have room for it in the DT at this time. I had planned on trying to frag it, but I'm afraid to on such a beautiful specimen. I would prefer to experiment on a more common or less attractive color variant.

Let's see that bad boy, have you previously posted pics of it?

10 minutes ago, Sascha D. said:

That is a nice one! I've read they need very clean water and regular feedings. I would try it if my system were further along. 

This anemone is in my QT tank, and I can tell you it's not clean water! Haha. I keep the nutrients high in there for my blue squamosa that it's currently living with. I haven't tested nutrients lately, but the NO3 last time was above 5. I try NOT to feed my mags. They do plenty fine without being fed, they keep growing if I feed them! And once they get to a large size I avoid feeding them as much as possible to keep them from becoming too tentacly.

• 1 month later...

Archived