diesel3443's 80g SPS Reboot

diesel3443

Yea, it's at 2 right now. I'm still bringing it up. Still on the fence about adding a skimmer. I want to do less than water changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find my oversized skimmer and CaRX to be crucial to my no water change methodology. If you can achieve a nice balance without a skimmer, you sure could save yourself some money.
  • Like 2

I find my oversized skimmer and CaRX to be crucial to my no water change methodology. If you can achieve a nice balance without a skimmer, you sure could save yourself some money.

Agreed. I have an oversized skimmer for my large build, do you dose trace elements?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update it!  I'm a terrible local reefer.  This guy lives maybe 2 miles away and I still haven't been to check it out in person

Edited by Bpb

Update it!  I'm a terrible local reefer.  This guy lives maybe 2 miles away and I still haven't been to check it out in person

LOL. I will. Work has been killing me this week

• 1 year later...

Well, I figured it was time to revive this thread. A lot has happened since I disappeared from it.

Switched jobs, sold my house in College Station, bought a new house in Driftwood, and now I am moving into the Austin area.

I sold the 150g to Jonathan (Bpb). I saved all my SPS frags and packed the 25g. I just moved it on Saturday to the new house so here are some recent pics to hold everyone over. Hopefully no deaths in the move but I will know more on Thursday.
8169d0319765b34603c4acabe8d13843.jpg
4b77af26097a6e516dd90782e27212d6.jpg
d8306f61096df7dab442c86ec46021b6.jpg

• Like 4

Ah cool. I know Bpb got that sweet new tank but didn't know it was your old one. Jonathan has been on this club forever so its always fun to see these connections.

I love it, take everything but I'm keeping my precious sticks!

Looking forward to you being in the area and being a bigger part of the club. There are some good folks here and a growing collection of acro lovers too.

4 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Ah cool. I know Bpb got that sweet new tank but didn't know it was your old one. Jonathan has been on this club forever so its always fun to see these connections.

I love it, take everything but I'm keeping my precious sticks!

Looking forward to you being in the area and being a bigger part of the club. There are some good folks here and a growing collection of acro lovers too.

No one touches my sticks haha.  Jonathan wanted me to cut the WD and I couldnt bring myself to do it yet! Haha

I am excited to be part of the club.  Coming from South Florida, I feel like I have been deprived for almost 2 years being in this hobby and living in BCS.  Much more of a group over in this area! 

• Like 1

No one touches my sticks haha.  Jonathan wanted me to cut the WD and I couldnt bring myself to do it yet! Haha
I am excited to be part of the club.  Coming from South Florida, I feel like I have been deprived for almost 2 years being in this hobby and living in BCS.  Much more of a group over in this area! 
Haha, I'll remember to rib him about the Walt Disney.

What was the scene like in S. Florida? Lots of sticks? People into mushrooms? Zoas?
  • Like 1