diesel3443's 80g SPS Reboot

diesel3443

So, after breaking down my SPS 125g in South Florida and moving to Central Texas, I have decided to setup a IM 25 Lagoon until I settle in a little more permanently. 

Here is a pic of the old setup in FL if you want to see more of the build, take a look http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2558111 

image6.jpg

Okay, so onto the tank: 

IM Nuvo Fusion 25 Lagoon
Evergrow d120 LED (custom layout with warm whites, royals, violets) 
Jabao PP4
Fully controlled with a GHL Profilux and Doser 
DIY Stand and Light Hanger
1 liter Siporax Media 
Running Skimmerless erm.gif

I first decided to build a ADA style stand and painted it white

_DSC1111.jpg

Realized I wasnt feeling the all white stand so I added some barnwood shiplap to add some character and I am much happier with how it turned out. 

_DSC1117.jpg

I love the open concept negative space on these shallow reefs and thats how I went smile.gif 

_DSC1123.jpg

Top down to get more of an idea of the layout 

_DSC1137.jpg

Wet and cycling 

_DSC1161.jpg

_DSC1144.jpg

Took a trip to Florida and over the holidays grabbed some frags that were in my 125 before at a friends. Thankfully they made the drive. 

_DSC1253.jpg

_DSC1239.jpg

_DSC1244.jpg

_DSC1245.jpg

_DSC1249.jpg

Here is a video from about a month ago

Newest Additions a couple weeks ago 

Walt Disney
68f6b99e6842d3972e4fb3d0d90e9a28.jpg

WWC Grafted Cap
5dc614bb9cb26a75eb084d8e14b692c7.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo662 said:

Welcome to the club!  great looking old and new setup.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Welcome! Nice tank so far, and great photography skills! I'm looking forward to see this tank progress and mature. :)

Thanks!  

1 hour ago, jolt said:

The new tank looks great!

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, mFrame said:

Excellent start!  Glad you got to bring some of your old corals along. I love that Walt Disney!

Thanks.  I really need to ship over my other high end pieces left in FL.  Two favorites over there still are SC Orange Passion and JFox Beach Bum....

Gonna need some luck next month as I will be moving this into my new house....thankfully its only 20 gallons of water to move LOL

Edited by diesel3443
  • Like 1

Hey Diesel! Glad you decided to join ARC! Good seeing you on here and I'll make sure to derail your thread on here when I get a chance. [emoji12]

Great looking setup with the IM and the former tank setup was crazy awesome looking! [emoji106]

• Like 2

Hey Diesel! Glad you decided to join ARC! Good seeing you on here and I'll make sure to derail your thread on here when I get a chance. [emoji12]

Great looking setup with the IM and the former tank setup was crazy awesome looking! [emoji106]

Perfect LOL [emoji23].

And thanks. I Iove this IM but I can't wait to have a larger tank again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Welcome to the club. Really like your aquascape on your new tank...very open and natural peaceful feel to it. Yall sps peeps are going to make me get into sticks now lol. Its hard to stop when u are addicted to corals in this hobby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, phamily said:

Welcome to the club. Really like your aquascape on your new tank...very open and natural peaceful feel to it. Yall sps peeps are going to make me get into sticks now lol. Its hard to stop when u are addicted to corals in this hobby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks! 

Speaking of which, I have 10 more  coming in from AquaSD tomorrow :firefirefire:

15 hours ago, Sissy36 said:

Looks awesome! Welcome to Austin (area)! I can't wait to see this get along. I have a 20L and run it skimmerless, for the moment ?

Thanks!  

11 new frags are in.  Gonna mount them up this weekend and probably get some more pics! 

7 hours ago, BobcatReefer said:

Man, all these smaller aquariums lately have got me rethinking new projects....

Very cool tank!  

Same here...I'd been thinking about making some changes and after seeing the two IM 25g lagoon tanks recently posted my journey / project took a bit of a turn.  :-)

Thanks for the inspiration!  :-)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BobcatReefer said:

Man, all these smaller aquariums lately have got me rethinking new projects....

Very cool tank!  

Thanks, and I already have my large tank on order too :firefirefire: 

15 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:

Same here...I'd been thinking about making some changes and after seeing the two IM 25g lagoon tanks recently posted my journey / project took a bit of a turn.  :-)

Thanks for the inspiration!  :-)

Glad to be of service.  This is a great little tank!