diesel3443's 80g SPS Reboot

diesel3443

Yeah I gave up on the Walt Disney. Especially now that he’s in ATX lol. I was moderately excited that a local had one but truth be told the WD isn’t anywhere close to my holy grail acro. It looks real nice under blue LEDs I’ll give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Yeah I gave up on the Walt Disney. Especially now that he’s in ATX lol. I was moderately excited that a local had one but truth be told the WD isn’t anywhere close to my holy grail acro. It looks real nice under blue LEDs I’ll give you that.

Out of curiosity, what is your holy grail acro?

I guess I don’t have a true holy grail but in general I do still prefer the classics. I aim for more of an old school high contrast tank with monochromatic or two tone acros. These acros with every color in the visual spectrum look great as frags under LEDs and macro shots but don’t do as much from across the room know what I mean. I still am jonesing for a true real deal pearl berry colony

I’ll add. Once the 150 is set up I intend it to be a 10 year + tank. Therefore once the sniff test starter corals pass, on of the earliest additions I would love to get ahold of is a real deal purple monster. Long term investment

I guess I don’t have a true holy grail but in general I do still prefer the classics. I aim for more of an old school high contrast tank with monochromatic or two tone acros. These acros with every color in the visual spectrum look great as frags under LEDs and macro shots but don’t do as much from across the room know what I mean. I still am jonesing for a true real deal pearl berry colony

I’ll add. Once the 150 is set up I intend it to be a 10 year + tank. Therefore once the sniff test starter corals pass, on of the earliest additions I would love to get ahold of is a real deal purple monster. Long term investment

I have the real deal Pearlberry too [emoji23]. It’s too small to frag though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I'll remember to rib him about the Walt Disney.

What was the scene like in S. Florida? Lots of sticks? People into mushrooms? Zoas?

Mostly sticks, and probably some of the best you will see as most of the shipments on the east coast go through Miami.

It does look pretty under blues

• Like 3

Mostly sticks, and probably some of the best you will see as most of the shipments on the east coast go through Miami.

Man, that's awesome. Didnt know it was so hot there in south florida... And I'm talking about the acro scene!

I have the real deal Pearlberry too [emoji23]. It’s too small to frag though

Tell me about it! I have 5 different "real deal" pearlberries... I've only eliminated one so far which I named the FarmerTy Fearlberry. Four more to go... I'll update as they grow out. [emoji17]

I hear you Bpb, I've collected my fair share of rainbow tenuis and other "hot" frags currently and they are exactly as described... Great under actinics with a macro lens but from across the room, vanilla.

I have a real deal purple monster too... But its just a frag. This close to getting a pink panther (not that WWC one but the old school one) but none of the guy's clippings survived. It hates to be fragged.

Lastly securing a 20k lokani from the man himself... Copps.
  • Like 2

I’ve just always been a fan of the high contrast well trimmed fruit stand look. Solid colors observing the color wheel principle. Two tones are fine and I won’t turn my nose up at most things to be honest. I’m not that much into the name game. Yet.

Sean though. I hope everything transitions well. Get that upgrade going. That 25 will run out of room quick ha ha. Of course you have pearl berry. To be honest. Even if a fake looks as good as the original, it’s just as well. Pearl berry isn’t that expensive anymore. Is WWC the real deal or are they faking ?

• Like 2

I’ve just always been a fan of the high contrast well trimmed fruit stand look. Solid colors observing the color wheel principle. Two tones are fine and I won’t turn my nose up at most things to be honest. I’m not that much into the name game. Yet.

Sean though. I hope everything transitions well. Get that upgrade going. That 25 will run out of room quick ha ha. Of course you have pearl berry. To be honest. Even if a fake looks as good as the original, it’s just as well. Pearl berry isn’t that expensive anymore. Is WWC the real deal or are they faking ?

Not faking, just happen to use the same name. Its a tenuis I believe, not even close so I assume just sheer coincidence of naming.
  • Like 1

I hope so too Jonathan. Time will tell, but you know what else I am planning to upgrade a little.

WWC shouldn’t be faking, but I guess you never know. No way to really tell anymore since ORA lost the mother years ago

Ty, Florida is crazy with Acros. Just think of all the huge LFS that are there. Plus most hobbyists don’t sell at ridiculous prices to other locals.

Hell, even stores give sick deal to the locals.

The biggest problem down there is that there is not a lot of club activity and it’s hard to get people involved. Not sure why, it just doesn’t really work. The only thing that does work well are local frag swaps.

• Like 1

Ty, Florida is crazy with Acros. Just think of all the huge LFS that are there. Plus most hobbyists don’t sell at ridiculous prices to other locals.

Hell, even stores give sick deal to the locals.

The biggest problem down there is that there is not a lot of club activity and it’s hard to get people involved. Not sure why, it just doesn’t really work. The only thing that does work well are local frag swaps.

Sounds like heaven!

We used to have monthly meetings but those have gone by the wayside to quarterly meetings. We usually have at least one swap a year and used to have a coral conference annually too but didn't have one last year.

The desire to attend meetings is there (had 40+ people show up at mine in the Spring, most which don't even hardly post on here) but we need people with more time and desire to coordinate and push the meetings. Basically, we need good cheerleaders as the desire seems to be there to meet.

• 1 month later...

I’m anxious to see how that fixture looks over the lagoon. I have that tank and an ai prime. I’m not happy with the lighting at all. I really like the primes features, just don’t feel that it’s enough alone.

• Like 1

I’m anxious to see how that fixture looks over the lagoon. I have that tank and an ai prime. I’m not happy with the lighting at all. I really like the primes features, just don’t feel that it’s enough alone.

Me too. I’m primarily a T5 guy, but the leds just made sense for such a small tank. Now here I am adding T5s 🤣

I’ll be running 4 actinic blue from reefbrite (basically the same as ATI blue +) with the radion. Hopefully they don’t prematurely burn out like the ones that Bpb had

• Like 1

I would either run 4 blue plus or two coral plus and two blue plus if I get one.

I’m the weirdo that would run 2 6500k and 2 true actinic

I more love what it does than how it looks. I guarantee your blue led colors would be far more dramatic with colors created by 6500k bulbs. Even if they look more muted while they’re on

• Like 1