diesel3443's 80g SPS Reboot

diesel3443

Additionally, changed some of the leds and added two Rebel Cyan, two Lime, and 2 COB Vero 10s. 

Curious, what kind of light fixtures are you running? Ive been wanting to try the Lime LEDs out because I've heard great things about how they can really affect our perceived colors of corals.

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

Curious, what kind of light fixtures are you running? Ive been wanting to try the Lime LEDs out because I've heard great things about how they can really affect our perceived colors of corals.

Running a old evergrow unit with all the whites removed for blues and violets and no lenses for better light diffusion.  I then also have the Rebel Cyan, two Lime, and 2 COB Vero 10s  glued to the board and are running off a third channel.   Ill take a picture tonight to better explain it. 

• Like 1

what are your tank parameters and what did you do to dip and/or acclimate?

Cal 440

Alk 8.4 dkh

Mg 1400

Phosphate 0.00 on checker.

Nitrates 2 ppm (would be zero but I sporadically use potassium nitrate to increase)

I dip everything in revive or bayer. After the dip, right in the tank. This tank will also serve as a QT for my Acros once my large tank is established. The spend 2-3 days on the sand then it's glue to rocks. If they don't like it I may move them depending on the Coral. If it's a no namer, I'll prob just leave it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, olaggie01 said:

Hi Sean, corals are looking good. That transformation was pretty amazing. I would be interested to see your colors with a little more PO4 and NO3 in the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks.  Im thinking that I need to grab some phosphates to dose as well.  Still at zero.... I do not want to go too crazy as I still have some new tank algae.  

I just ordered another PP-4 as well.  Can ever have enough flow :)

Looking good! My personal opinion is phosphate need never be dosed but nitrate, absolutely if you are near zero. I prefer 5-8ppm of nitrates for best SPS coloration.

Yea, it's at 2 right now. I'm still bringing it up. Still on the fence about adding a skimmer. I want to do less than water changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk