From South Florida to College Station

diesel3443

Has nothing to do w/ being a Longhorn or Bobcat or Pony or even Aggie, for that matter.  To me, BCS has a singular appeal - as a place for 45k to go to college.  Had this conversation w/ my oldest brother a couple of months ago.  He LOVED his time in BCS as an undergrad (early 80s, Corps, beginning of Sherrill era) but came back for grad school after his 5yrs in the Navy and was miserable.  If it works for you, awesome, but I need more out of a town than what BCS offers.  Granted, that same thought could be made about most every small town in Texas for me.  Mostly it was just poking fun!  :P

Got it.  My wife and I needed more of a small town vibe coming from an area that has about 2-3 million people in the same area as BCS.   Plus, from what i can gather, this place is great for two things, College or raising a family.  If you do not have either of those two, it may not be the place you want to be (I know I wouldn't if I was in that life stage).  

Works great for me with a wife and a daughter, and I am only 1.5 hrs away from cities with a ton of stuff to do ;)

I'll be honest, when I finished at A&M I was ready to get out of BCS and move back to Austin. Then again I was born and raised in Austin, wasn't used to smaller town living, and as an ambitious young 20 something, I wanted more city and excitement. I still miss BCS, the lack of insane traffic that Austin has, the genuinely friendly people, and the smaller/midsize town feel. I think it would be a great place to raise a family, and my wife and I often talk about that when we're in town for visits. Especially if you move into a nicer neighborhood. I loved the historic south gate neighborhood. I think it's an enjoyable place to live, even if it doesn't have a saltwater dedicated fish store [emoji12]

1 hour ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

I'll be honest, when I finished at A&M I was ready to get out of BCS and move back to Austin. Then again I was born and raised in Austin, wasn't used to smaller town living, and as an ambitious young 20 something, I wanted more city and excitement. I still miss BCS, the lack of insane traffic that Austin has, the genuinely friendly people, and the smaller/midsize town feel. I think it would be a great place to raise a family, and my wife and I often talk about that when we're in town for visits. Especially if you move into a nicer neighborhood. I loved the historic south gate neighborhood. I think it's an enjoyable place to live, even if it doesn't have a saltwater dedicated fish store emoji12.png

The worst is no LFS .   I decided to live in South College station out in Saddlecreek/Duck Haven.  Nice acreage, and 10 min away from everything 

I escaped from Fort Lauderdale in 2006!  Was there 3 years.  FL -> TX = upgrade unless you're doing something very specific down in FL.
Welcome!

Awesome and I agree! I was in Boca Raton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived