Round Rock or Georgetown?

Humblefish

Wife & I looked at some houses today in Georgetown, and are trying to figure out whether there or Round Rock is where we really want to be. My wife works in North Austin, so the added commute time of living in Georgetown is a concern. Just thought some of you all could provide the obvious pros & cons of each place we might be missing.

I do think we shall rent a house for the first year before buying. I would also be open to any other areas near North Austin (but not in Austin proper) that anyone can recommend. TIA

i forsee a religious argument/discussion about zip codes, traffic, and possibly politics *lol*

I live off 1431, west of i35.  work from home, but travel to/from north austin isnt too bad, outside "high traffic" hours.  A couple diff home price ranges up here, some in city limits, some not... but its slightly disconnected from "the city" and we have wildlife up here......  ill leave it at that.   good luck! :)

14 minutes ago, Isaac said:

if you can find something between 183 and 35, you are set... you have multiple ways to get home.  if not, you kind of limit your options and backup routes.

Thanks; this is the sort of info I need to know so we can get out of this friggin hotel and into a house. :P

Just now, Humblefish said:

Thanks; this is the sort of info I need to know so we can get out of this friggin hotel and into a house. :P

fire up google maps, enable the traffic layer, then set the day/time.... you'll get an idea on how traffic is in various places.

Archived