Redundancy in a Reef System

FarmerTy

On 1/30/2017 at 5:20 PM, FarmerTy said:

Mike told me not to tell anyone but if you hit 1,000 likes, he picks you up and takes you to a secret place where you get to ride unicorns and drink rainbow beer with leprechauns all day. emoji7.png

Shhhhh!

• 1 month later...

Old thread. But I'll bite

Lights: ati sunpower. Lots of backup bulbs but no backup fixture. Ultimately I'd like to have backup lights. If push came to shove I'd use the 4x54 watt t5ho on my planted tank and swap the bulbs if I absolutely had to. Plants are cheaper to replace and can last a lot longer in suboptimal/no light.

Powerheads: 2x tunze 6105. Backups are a jebao wp40 and wp25. I use them for salt mixing

Return pump: eheim 1264, backup is a comparably rated jebao. Forget the model, and another 600 gph or so nameless pump I was gifted.

Skimmer: bubble magus curve 7, no backup

Tank 90 gallon no backup.

Calcium reactor GEO 618, with master flex pump and dual stage regulator. I have another dual stage regulator being used on my planted tank which I would bring over to the reef if my current one bit the dust. No other backups.

Apex with no backups. Though ty brought an interesting point up. I should buy an additional base unit just in case. Cheaper than a whole controller and that's what I would expect to fail forst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived