Mr Z's not as tiny nano...IM Lagoon 25

MrZ2u

On 4/11/2017 at 8:09 AM, Jimbo662 said:

I had a similar issue when I had an IM 90.  Is the water in the overflow section the same level as the water in the tank?

It is and to get it below requires taking the water level pretty far down on an already shallow tank.  I have taken my one return and the powerhead and faced them up and that solves the issue it seems.  Temporary solution I think because it seems to rob the movement in the lower parts of the tank.  

...thinking! ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up getting a surface skimmer similar to this one and it solved the problem. When I attached it I raised it slightly so that it increased the water level in the tank while the water in the overflow area stayed where it was. Film on the surface was clear within a few minutes.

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Nano_Cube_M.S.S._(Modular_Surface_Skimmer)_for_12G_24G_Aquariums_Accessories-JBJ_Lighting-JB7333-FIAQAA-vi.html

14 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:

I ended up getting a surface skimmer similar to this one and it solved the problem. When I attached it I raised it slightly so that it increased the water level in the tank while the water in the overflow area stayed where it was. Film on the surface was clear within a few minutes.

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Nano_Cube_M.S.S._(Modular_Surface_Skimmer)_for_12G_24G_Aquariums_Accessories-JBJ_Lighting-JB7333-FIAQAA-vi.html

...and it didnt change any flow or turnover from the backside?

18 minutes ago, MrZ2u said:

...and it didnt change any flow or turnover from the backside?

no, basically it just raises the water level in the tank...just need to add water to compensate for more water in the tank an less in the backside.

Archived