280 gallon Build

SAM

this week, the tank has pretty much done cycled. started to hang lights, seal holes I made in the wall between garage and dining room, and received some pretty useful thing from Melev: autofeeder chimney
also found the Hanna Ca is not very accurate, the phosphate and Alk is ok though. had to go back to red sea titration for the Ca measurement. 911c27aa3aa699aa824194e10b8fb4f9.jpg65b27274b02b91bd77aaa777af496f43.jpg6cbb30bcbe4929a95b1f6f3f2f582249.jpge3b416e4415eaae142431bcf4cee0f65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Wow...everything is looking great!
thanks, just tweaking to systems now to get rid of the last little but if micro bubbles lol.

• Like 1

thanks, just tweaking to systems now to get rid of the last little but if micro bubbles lol.

I dont know why my phone like to change my words lol......
to-->the
but-->bit
if-->of

this week, the tank has pretty much done cycled. started to hang lights, seal holes I made in the wall between garage and dining room, and received some pretty useful thing from Melev: autofeeder chimney
also found the Hanna Ca is not very accurate, the phosphate and Alk is ok though. had to go back to red sea titration for the Ca measurement. 911c27aa3aa699aa824194e10b8fb4f9.jpg65b27274b02b91bd77aaa777af496f43.jpg6cbb30bcbe4929a95b1f6f3f2f582249.jpge3b416e4415eaae142431bcf4cee0f65.jpg

Looks great Sam. Glad to see it full of water and lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'll say reef link has got to be one of the most frustrating little device ever.  I follow the instruction to download the setup -->give me error on can't download certain file.  Then I manually download that reef link application setup file and when I ran it, you guess it, more error......It won't download.  I have tried this on my on PC, my wife's Mac, my laptop...what a joke and waste of time.  Then I went the backdoor route and went through Ecosmart live connect where I booted that and then right click on the icon at the window tray at the bottom right corner and manually install the reeflink and their website download speed is so slow that it took 20mins!?!?  I can download a 4 to 6g movie file in less than couple mins.  Then the installation was complete but then again I have to go through the backdoor to try to connect my reeflink to WIFI.  You guessed it, it doesn't work.  It get stucks on the WIFI search list....no available WIFI names pop up at all.  Can't get any further today.  Send in a ticket via email already since their phone line is only for M-F 9-4 Eastern time <--I'm at work.  There's no way I can bring my reeflink to work and try to problem solve this via phone with them while treating a patient lol.  

I mean its a simple thing, a simple download.  Never had this much issue downloading a setup.exe with any program out there.  Never had this much issue running a setup.exe or having a device search for a WIFI.....yea I usually might have WIFI connection issue with poor product but never searching part?  This is ridiculous!!  I'm gonna take a break for today and wait to see what Ecotech email me back.  

Ok, finally got the reef link to work after hours of frustration, it took several reboot to get the setup app installed properly.  Then it took 5 x refreshes to find the wifi which has full connective strength.  It took another 8 refreshes and searches to find all my Radions from Gen 2 to 4pro.  It took several refreshes to get each radion to program successfully.  What a pain this was.  I'll say this was way harder than any router/modem/google home/amazon fire/ even old sony PS2 hooking it online!?!?  One would think Ecotech as a brand name would produce something a bit smoother in these area.  

Ok got all lights installed. Parameters looks good, AB+ program.

Only thing left is MP40WQD installation, algae scrubber, and dailing in Ca reactor.

Still trying to get rid of the last 2% micro bubbles. The flow in the sump is just too fast.....I guess reeflo barracuda is just way too powerful. Plus my sump is a really poor design, no separation between skimmer and return section. Very short distance in all the baffles.....just can't handle high flow.

Thinking about trying some filter floss and/or sock to slow flow and catch micro bubbles. I have already turn down the flow from the return like a lot already.

On the other hand, my wife does not mind the bubbles lolb99693f8c3e2e9415da59fc3d644d22f.jpg

• Like 1

So after many nights of debates, thoughts, and planning for the future long term, I've decided to invest in a new custom sump built for handling high flow(4k gph+), silence configuration(skimmer in the right place!), my oversized algae scrubber(see pic below, ~24x8x12h) which will sit ~4in into the sump on a stand for easy cleaning, large live rock zone for pods, 4 filter sock holders, and an customized red, blue, white color scheme lol!!!!! Best of yet, should be done building and shipped to me in ~3-5wks. I've also attached couple very similar designs from the same company to my sump's configuration and style in different colors for references. bda77736ca55791537bff1697b46d6a7.jpg0395afcedfbef59d9160dd74d06e8640.jpg46de605e40a5e0098ef5e5a3480d3f00.jpgb1739ea4d5e999392e22e5c3933dc9e6.jpg

• Like 2

I have pretty high flo thru my sump with a hammerhead/cuda pump. The water noise I have is the water vortex thru the 4 filter socks. They are 4" socks. Take the socks out no noise. I made those silencers for the socks but they just cant handle the water flo.  I like that ATS.

• Like 2

Thinking about putting 2 maroon in the Main Display, gonna choose from these and 2 clownfish in the frag tank.

I'm leaning toward 1 lighting and 1 gold nugget. 24da110f536a4e7a1bf475e6876f72b9.jpg6003db2b4e8682af3587692ea67b1eae.jpgcfee5a64326e2b9a3e7604b898880582.jpg

In process of setting up my 1st ever quarantine tank in my 16yr+ fish hobby lol

Got this on sale from petco, 20% off brand new kit plus a simple metal stand.

This brings back memory since my 1st fish tank that I bought back in 2002 was only a 30gallon hexagon. I was like heck yea, I got a fish tank!!!! Now I'm like is this 29gallon big enough for a quarantine tank!? Lol. How time has changed. 04446b73b05aeb4c3eb59aaeebd891f8.jpgd0762ac6242ec6432d4b10f04203f5a2.jpg

• Like 2

In process of setting up my 1st ever quarantine tank in my 16yr+ fish hobby lol

Got this on sale from petco, 20% off brand new kit plus a simple metal stand.

This brings back memory since my 1st fish tank that I bought back in 2002 was only a 30gallon hexagon. I was like heck yea, I got a fish tank!!!! Now I'm like is this 29gallon big enough for a quarantine tank!? Lol. How time has changed. 04446b73b05aeb4c3eb59aaeebd891f8.jpgd0762ac6242ec6432d4b10f04203f5a2.jpg

16 years! Life goals! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SAM said:

I have no idea lol, it says it can tell you when your filter needs to be change!?!?!

Dang - I need some of that technology on my filter socks and skimmer cups!!!!!

• Like 1

• Like 1

Got a rendering for the sump. b3a5852f06bb4015b5cb189e52371010.jpg

When you find out sams sump is the same dimensions as your display...

BadPartialChicken-size_restricted.gif

and then rationalize that his total water volume could be 4.5x that...

HpyR.gif

Seriously awesome upgrade on this one! Can’t wait to see the crazy sticks it grows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1