280 gallon Build

SAM

Good thing you can grow massive colonies Sam. You may not want to snorkel in that tank.

Thanks for the info on Marc. I may give him a call and see. When is yours done?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He gave me an estimated time of 6wks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Already thinking about my fish wish list:

5 tangs:
Hippo
Yellow
Sohol
Purple
Naso

Clown fish:
1 pair (1 Orange and 1 Black)

5 wrasses:
6 lines
Mystery
Red head solon
Hoeven
Scarlet pin stripe

Maybe:
Dragonet
Alage blenny
Diamond watchman goby

Have anyone used either of the following methods to take out minor scratches in your tank:

1.using an non gel toothpaste with baking soda to polish area gently for 1min and repeat until the scratch is gone

Or

2. Using a clear nail polish, then let it sit for 1hr to cured, then use nail polish remover to remove excess

• 7 months later...

finally new update!!!! I got My frag tank and stand from Marc with Melev.

the stand is unfinished so I will be doing some wood filler, wood condition, staining, and coating etc these couple weeks.

here's a link to Marc stand making video:

39c5b4a0a3ad5e24d50f70b72fe20fc6.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Seth & Jim! We finally started plumbing!!!! It will be a long process with planning and problem solving. looking at these pics do not do it justice. we spent alot of time on it.

I was able to clean up the garage a bit and restructure and outfit the canopy with support so we can use it as a stand for the 2 water storage tank on the left. it's a new setup we gonna use for making water top off and water change simple.

upcoming weeks:
1. trying to figure out how to salvage the ocean motion parts (missing several links from the existing hose to the tank) and plumbed into the tank.
2. ordering more plumbing parts that can only be found online like pvc gate valve
3. backup motor/pump for the main return
4. more plumbing lol9a8eb8a4db45daaa05ccecf758654057.jpg653b5783c8f50f30787fabfd7025524a.jpg13278eea77bd43411e0371866b6900ac.jpg9893a9db5e0a485f247e4cc260a155c6.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

finally got the electric work done for the tank project. now I have 2 eparate dedicated 20amp outlets, one on garage side and one on dinning room side, for the tank in addition to the original 20amp outlets for the dining room....a total of 60amp for the whole tank setup. 08754fcb6917f648a86977897da85d71.jpg7cc23075f9d47f4b2c9ae988632d89e1.jpg

• Like 4