ARC 2017 Site Update complete

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the old forum, I had the unread content bookmarked, which was my typical go to. Basically the same as Activity > Unread in the new site. Maybe i just overlooked the setting, but when I would click on a thread, it would go to the most recent posting by default. On this theme, it goes to the 1st page. Is there a setting I'm overlooking? Not a huge issue, but it's a little more convenient going to the end of a topic instead of the beginning.

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

there are 2 custom streams you can create to mimic these, in the thread i posted above.  heres the screenshot for a quick view:

mycontent.png

sincelast.png

I got that part down, it's when I click on one of the topics, it always goes to page 1. Prior to the update, it would go to the last post, which for some of these topics is many pages deep.

28 minutes ago, jestep said:

I got that part down, it's when I click on one of the topics, it always goes to page 1. Prior to the update, it would go to the last post, which for some of these topics is many pages deep.

Yes, click on "Read Status" and change it from "Unread item links take me to the top of the page" to "Unread items links take me to the first unread comment"

unread.png

2 hours ago, mFrame said:

1) I like your "Likes", that's the reason it's there and it does figure into tracking momentum.

2) Good policy, but no strict way to enforce it at the moment.

1 - We only get 5 likes per day!  I WANT MORE LLLLLIIIIIKKKKEEESSSS!!!!!!!

2 - My guess is there's a back-end way to limit those in the admin control panel.  Would save a lot of sprained fingers from all the scrolling when trying to read a Ty or Juicy thread.  :D

Just so my request is clear, I'm not advocating killing multi-quote, which is including multiple, separate quotes in a reply.  I'm looking for a default that only includes the most recent reply as the quote in the next reply - no more spiderweb effect w/ 10 posts of conversation included.

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/289002-automatic-nested-quote-remover/

1 hour ago, BobcatReefer said:

Just so my request is clear, I'm not advocating killing multi-quote, which is including multiple, separate quotes in a reply.  I'm looking for a default that only includes the most recent reply as the quote in the next reply - no more spiderweb effect w/ 10 posts of conversation included.

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/289002-automatic-nested-quote-remover/

why cant you just select and hit delete?

1 hour ago, BobcatReefer said:

1 - We only get 5 likes per day!  I WANT MORE LLLLLIIIIIKKKKEEESSSS!!!!!!!

2 - My guess is there's a back-end way to limit those in the admin control panel.  Would save a lot of sprained fingers from all the scrolling when trying to read a Ty or Juicy thread.  :D

1) The Like limit is to keep Ty from bumping his own score up.  I'll see if we can't increase it a bit (except for Ty)  :devil:

2) Not finding #2 yet, keep in mind this software is new (v 4.x), the link you sent was from 2009.

That does NOT mean that it can't be done, just that we haven't found it yet. ;)

37 minutes ago, Isaac said:

why cant you just select and hit delete?

I can.  The issue is reading threads where everyone quotes instead of just replying, and it turns every post into a repost of the entire thread.

But hey....looks like Mike found it!

looks like in this version, you can expand/collapse each nested thing.   you have a thread that has multinests upon nests?  i could look at the code and see if a userscript could do it.

3 hours ago, mFrame said:

BTW, Signatures are back.  Like em? Hate em?

Not a fan of signatures, but as long as there's a way to disable them, all good.

12 minutes ago, mFrame said:

1) The Like limit is to keep Ty from bumping his own score up.  I'll see if we can't increase it a bit (except for Ty)  :devil:

Ahh, didn't realize we had scores.  We don't rep posts here, so what does that score do?

Ahh, didn't realize we had scores.  We don't rep posts here, so what does that score do?

Nobody ever gave you the prize list? If you reach 10,000 likes, Mike buys your next upgrade tank! I've been liking myself everyday... Daddy needs a 350-gallon! [emoji12]

43 minutes ago, jolt said:

I've seen the broken pics in a couple of threads just now

Yeah, sorry, this is one of the final steps of the upgrade that I didn't realize it would take so long so I didn't make an announcement.

With the new software we're having to migrate all attachments to the cloud.  During that transition you may see some broken links.  I kicked the migration process off this morning and it's currently at about 7%.  We have to throttle the migration so that the site stays up and running. At this rate it should be done end of day tomorrow.

The good news is that once migrated the site should be much faster.

1 minute ago, Isaac said:

yup, same issues w/ emoticons like smilie face :)   

emoticons are a bit of a different problem.  If you mouse over a missing image (like the one in my signature), you'll see that it points to an Amazon S3 bucket.

Emoticons are a different issue I noticed yesterday.  They work fine if you select them from using the emoticon button, but don't translate if you manually type in the characters for them.

Just now, mFrame said:

emoticons are a bit of a different problem.  If you mouse over a missing image (like the one in my signature), you'll see that it points to an Amazon S3 bucket.

Emoticons are a different issue I noticed yesterday.  They work fine if you select them from using the emoticon button, but don't translate if you manually type in the characters for them.

yup, noticed that!  cloud migration is 2 steps... move files to cloud, update uri's in database.

Yeah, except they do it as 3 steps. 1) update database 2) load to memory and delete local file 3) copy in-memory file to cloud, so we end up in a state where the uri points to a file that isn't there yet.  

Archived