• Announcements

• JamesL

Can't Create A Post? Please Read.   01/18/2017

Finding that you can't create a post in a specific forum? Please see the membership changes that took effect in early 2012. You must be a Premium Member to post items in certain forums.
ShawnM

Group buy for Exotic Marine Fish Imports -Houston

I have been in touch with Antonio from EMF-H in getting a an order or fish ready for me. I decided to offer this up to anyone interested in getting in on it. He will personally deliver the fish to the Austin area.

He has asked if anyone interested to create a list of what you would like post in and he will get prices and if he can or can not get it.

More to come on this just wanted to get it out there as soon as he agreed to complete a large order. So everyone can get lists ready.

We are shooting for first Saturday in January. Antonio said as soon as he knows what fish he will try to post videos of the actual fish purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Antonio:

Exotic Marine Fish Importers is an international business, founded in South Africa, with ties all over the world. We have built relationships with various suppliers all over the world and only source the healthiest species.

Our next chapter in our business is the USA and Houston will be our base of operations.

We have a vigorous quarantine process, whereby fish get assessed and treated, and no fish is ever released for sale if it has not met our high standards. Saying we provide the "perfect" fish would be naive and irresponsible but I can guarantee that we will provide the fish/invert the greatest possibility of survival. We strive to provide the aquarist the best possible livestock at unbeatable prices.

Quality and cost effectiveness is what we aim for, and our motto that every person sea life in colour.

Our web site is www.saltwaterfish.co.za

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Excuse me for asking, but what has drawn you to order from this dealer in Houston? Is it below retail or offering species that you cannot otherwise find?

His prices are cheap and he acclimates fish before selling. The people in Houston rave about him. He also delivers in Houston to your door if your order is over a certain amount.

That's interesting. Does he have a valid quarantine method?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think its more of a conditioning and treatment if necessary. I don't think he does anything prophylactically.

They also carry a wide range of inverts if anyone is looking for a cleaner crew too.

Bump no interest?

I am curious to see how it goes. The fish I need right now are ridiculously common (yellow coris wrasse and scopas tang). If you get a big enough order and can squeeze those in I would be interested to know his prices. But really, a future order probably makes more sense for me when I want fish that are harder to come by ...

I might be interested in one or more fish, depending on price and how my tank is doing at the time of order.

Halichoeres leucurus

Halichoeres claudia

Labroides dimidiatus

Chaetodon miliaris

Pomacanthus imperator

Chrysiptera traceyi

Pomacentrus alleni

Chrysiptera talboti

Acanthurus pyroferus

Acanthurus japonicus

Naso elegans

Ctenochaetus strigosus

Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis

What's the shipping or delivery charge?

No shipping costs. He is driving them down to us, depending on who is in will probably change pick up location but it is undecided right now

Interested but the fish list on his site seems to be fairly common fish that can easily be found locally.

I'd be curious to see what he charges for Crosshatch triggers (male and female), flame wrasses, Achilles tang, etc.

Interested but the fish list on his site seems to be fairly common fish that can easily be found locally.

I'd be curious to see what he charges for Crosshatch triggers (male and female), flame wrasses, Achilles tang, etc.

He said just put together wish lists and he will let us know if they are available.

I have forwarded all fish listed waiting to hear prices. When I have them you will need to decide what sizes you want and if adult/changling or juveniles

Flame wrasse $100, achilles tang from $100- $140 size pendent but Avg. Is $120.

Crosshatch female $400 male $650.

Emporer Juvenile $45

Emporer changeling $60

Emporer Adult $85

These are the prices I have so far

I assume the flame wrasse price is for a female?

He did not specify what sex.

He did not specify what sex.

I would assume so... Males are easily $180 these days.

No that is for a male said females are $65

Other prices:

Christmas wrasse $20

Blond Naso $50-60

Kole tangs $15-$25

Chevron Tang $110- $130

Cleaner wrasse $12

Grey head wrasse $30- $38

Lemon butterfly $20

Yellow coris wrasse $12

Scopas tang $15

Ok so if any fish were overlooked please let me know

I would be interested if we do another round in s couple of months. My tank is fallow for the next 73 days. My QT isn't safe for new fish at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man, those are killer prices. There's not a ton of margin over wholesale prices. I don't see him lasting long-term with this setup but I guess not having a storefront overhead helps.

Man, those are killer prices. There's not a ton of margin over wholesale prices. I don't see him lasting long-term with this setup but I guess not having a storefront overhead helps.

I agree they are killer prices was hoping to get some more interest so others could get in on the great prices. They have been in this business for awhile so they must have really good connections

Wish List:

Powder Blue Tang

Purple Tang

Skeletor Eel

Zebra Eel

Australian Harlequin Tusk

Potters Angel

Group of Lyre Tail Anthias (Fiji or Maldives)

Mystery Wrasse

Scott's Fairy Wrasse (location collected? - Cook Islands, Australia, or Fiji)

Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse (Maldive Islands)

Lineatus Fairy Wrasse (Coral Sea)

Exquisite Faily Wrasse (Vanuatu, not other locations)

Blue Dot Jawfish

What size is the quoted Blonde Naso and Achilles?

Yes, those prices are very good. If you get the order together I will take the coris wrasse and scopas tang for sure.

I would also be interested in a male hooded fairy wrasse, and a swissguard basslet (Liopropoma rubre, not Liopropoma swalesi) depending on the price.

Also, just to be complete, can you ask him (1) what salinity he delivers the fish at, and (2) is there any kind of guarantee?

He does mention a guarantee in one of his posts on MARSH reef, but did not give details....

Semi interested in a flame male and a hooded male. Would like to know what SG they are coming in at.