Pop eye?

Sissy36

I brought home a new clown Friday night and noticed about 2 days ago one eye was cloudy. I couldn't get a look at the other but it didn't seem bad. I checked it yesterday and it was cloudy in just the one eye and noticed it's puffy too. My other clown is fine and I don't see any ich or marine velvet. I went ahead and did a 15% water change, switched out my GFO & carbon. They are both eating fine. There was a little aggression at first but minimal. It's stopped now. So pop eye? And what do I do?

b012946beb3f812b2db7c29cae9d1472.jpgf7d0c8572523079ade1fd63b041f187f.jpg60784380c78152f66d524338f494ebf3.jpg

^^ the good eye for comparison

from me

I had the same happen to my black/white clown last year, she ultimately lost the eye. The good news is that she has recovered and is perfectly fine with one eye. Hopefully yours recovers, but don't think that it can't live even if it loses the eye.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same happen to my black/white clown last year, she ultimately lost the eye. The good news is that she has recovered and is perfectly fine with one eye. Hopefully yours recovers, but don't think that it can't live even if it loses the eye.

The eye healed up and appears to be normal!

It took everything in me not to alter that sentence into multiple puns. I still want to though

Archived